User Tag List

Thread: Patch Maker 1.3 "Not enough disk space" error on very large drive partitions

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patch Maker 1.3 "Not enough disk space" error on very large drive partitions

I've been trying out Patch Maker 1.3, and I think it's a great little program. Probably the best of its kind!

But, there seems to be an issue with it. If you attempt to patch files on a drive partition that has free disk space in the terabyte range, the patcher fails with a "Not enough disk space" error. Patch Maker doesn't seem to handle free disk space calculations correctly in that situation.

Also, I was wondering if a feature could be added? It would be nice to have an option where you can lock/disable the controls that allow users to change the directory that the patcher wants to use. I've created a patcher that reads the registry for the install path of an application, to find out what directory to patch. I'd like to prevent anyone from changing the directory, so the patch doesn't fail because the user either accidentally or deliberately changes it.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I thought this issue had been fixed, I'll take a look.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some additional information: The drive was formatted with a GPT partition of 4 TB, and had 2.7 TB of free space. Temporarily lowering the amount of space to less than 1 TB allowed the patcher to work correctly. With 2.7 TB of free space, the patcher would show the "Not enough disk space" error.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on the free disk space error, with partitions that have more than a terabyte free space? Also, any chance of the lock/disable controls suggestion I made, being implemented?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay, a bit busy and I had to remove some dust from this code. :p The limit was actually 2 Tb of free space. Here is a version that should solve this issue, there is also a "read-only" option in the Options tab.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Sorry for the delay, a bit busy and I had to remove some dust from this code. :p
    Haha, yes I can imagine. The program is quite old now. But, in my search for a patching program, I couldn't find one better than Patch Maker.

The limit was actually 2 Tb of free space.
    Okay, wasn't sure about that. I figured it might be 2 TB, due to the old partition limit in Windows.

Here is a version that should solve this issue, there is also a "read-only" option in the Options tab.
    Thank you! I'm glad you're still supporting Patch Maker. I hope these improvements benefit other users, as well.