User Tag List

Thread: co-op multiplayer with lacewing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

co-op multiplayer with lacewing

Hi
    i've been testing out the Simple_Coop-Example with lacewing. Ran the program twice at the same time, once to host a game and once to join a game. I assume it works as no error message is present, and it says that it connects, but why dosn't it display 2 characters at the same time?
    , I read the code and it looks like it is supposed to.

Hope somone can elucidate this for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you happen to know where you got that example? I personally don't know what example that is (it could be the one I made, or it could be something else entirely), and as a result it's going to be difficult for me to help you out without having a link to where the example comes from or something.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked at this yet, but it appears this is what is being referenced. Looks like i need to carve out some time this weekend to go through this as well

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=278910192

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops! Of corpse
    The example I’m referring to is the one by Alice Peters.
    I found it here : http://clickstore.clickteam.com/simple-lacewing-co-op-example,

also I'd like to learn how to support multiple players, and to compile for android. Anyone know how to do these things?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump,
    anyone looked at this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know it's not the same example, but you could maybe have a look at this example that I made (note that, for whatever reason, it disconnects often, and I have no idea how to stop that from happening, but here it is anyways): http://community.clickteam.com/threads/90890-Lacewing-example-Giga-Dude-early-look

Since it uses the physics movements, and I think it also uses blasting quite often, it won't necessarily work well in Android (mainly because of some differences in the way impulses work, though that is kinda-sorta corrected in 284 as far as I know, so I'll have to adjust it soon anyways), but here it is anyways. Let me know if it works well enough for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Iím checking it out now.

--------------------------------------------------
    *edit*

Cool it works, definitely shows proof of concept.
    I was able to host a game and join my own game, also someone joined a game I hosted (was that you frog?)

It does seem to disconnect a bit, but Iím sure perhaps a simpler game (turn based maybe)
    could be designed to be functional.

Many thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined the game for a moment, so if you saw another player, then that's why.

It may have had the disconnect issue, though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool, I saw you yes.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (1) I assume it works as no error message is present, and it says that it connects, (2) but why dosn't it display 2 characters at the same time?
    , I read the code and it looks like it is supposed to.
    (1) I made some mess with the text-box which displays errors and positions (not fixed yet).
    (2) There was a bug, i don't remember which one it was (i fixed this already in the next update of the example). Funny fact: in the first months, both worked as expected (As you can see in the comments on the Clickstore and Steam Workshop) but since a few months, something changed, i don't know, what it is exactly.

I'll upload an updated version to the Clickstore when i find time to replace and fix the text-box.

I'm sorry that it didn't work for you.