Primecut An example of a top down shooting game
Following on from Oliviers example of a full balloons game I thought I would take up the challenge of posting a bit more of an in depth game with multi levels and working global values, I am a steam user and this is a topic that comes up on a regular basis on their forums. Unlike Oliviers it is not fully complete however it should give anyone the tools to start creating their own games.
This is aimed at beginner users again to help understand the creation of a game in its entirety. More experienced users may also find some tips. The code is hopefully organized in a clear manner and is strongly commented.
The code and assets contained in this example can be used in your projects, commercial or not.
- Game Flow: Intro, demo, levels , Outro
- Global settings, lives health, score
- Management of: interface elements, score, game tips
- Advanced selection of objects
- Interpolation of values
- Simple splatter effects
- Pairing of Active + Counter objects i.e. picking up keys and weapons
- Use of scenery in game play
- Detection how to enable enemies to target you
- Terrible graphics to encourage everyone you don't have be the next Picasso to start creating games