User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idle system when off computer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Idle system when off computer

I have done game in the same vein as Clicker Heroes, it is an idle game, but I have not figured out how to make the game idle when offline like Clicker Heroes does. That is if you shut down the computer and come back a day later you will have earned coins in the game while gone. I assume this is done by comparing the time when you leave with some online clock or something?
    Could it be done with Fusion? Anyone know how?

Also I need to do this on mobile. But I have noticed that every idle game I have tried on mobile with an earning system when you are not playing are actually dependent on the clock on the device. Anyone know how to do that? Or is it possible to also compare to an online clock on mobile? The problem when comparing it to the device clock is that it is very easy to cheat by just adjust the clock forward in time..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save a server timestamp to a local array. Then compare it with the same server timestamp when they load the app again by subtracting the old timestamp from the new timestamp (will give you seconds passed since the app was last opened.)

The PHP script is really simple as well

Code:
    <?php

echo time();

?>
    Save that as a .php file and upload to a server with PHP enabled. Then use the GET object to grab the values each time you need them. If the user isn't online you won't be able to use this method obviously...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an example on how to do this?
    I have used PHP once before with highscore, but I don't remember how to do it :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should also know that using a server timestamp check will require the player to use either their network data or have access to wifi... which means if the player has no data/wifi the check won't work.. so you need a backup plan.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DaveC - On Flash that is not such a problem though since you actually need to be connected to play flash games?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's correct, not a problem for flash, it could just cause issues for some phone users (also people who have an ipad with no sim card)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is true, maybe that is why they use the internal clock on mobile from what I have seen so far. How do you compare to that?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the game starts the 1st time.. (Date and Time) Save the values from the phone.
    Then use that for your program.
    If people are messing with the time and date, you can give them a warning (Like going back an hour or changing the date in order to get something)
    If you think people are going forward in time. Just save the value, and compare it with past times. (not sure how I did it, since I didn't do that in Fusion at that time)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how do I save the values from the phone of the time and date? I have looked at the iOS object but I can't find any such actions.. :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a Timestamp object for iOS, search the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast