User Tag List

Thread: SQLDB lives... thinking of Android version...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SQLDB lives... thinking of Android version...

Hello MMF world-
    I have been away for a while working on other projects... well close to 9 years I think since I have been active and released the original SQLDB extension.
    Interested in building some Android apps now but there is a lack of a database object...
    As the original author of SQLDB extension I have brought it back to life. I have updated the original Windows version of the extension to now use sqlite 3.8.8 and plan to begin work on an Android version. I will post all source code to github so will be free for further development in the future. What I always liked about this extension vs later SQLite extensions is that the SQLite run-time is compiled into the SQLDB extension, and no external DLL is required. This means it is self-contained and no conflicts are possible with other SQLite implementations that rely on a shared external DLL.
    I am somewhat new to Java but been looking at the Android SDK seems do-able as core SQLite is part of Android already.
    So my requests:
    - Anyone interested to test the latest Windows SQLDB before I release it?
    - Anyone who has built an Android extension want to collaborate on this?
    thanks and let me know (reply here),
    JSJ

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on an SQLite extension for android. Lol Currently I have 9 projects of android extensions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool well if you want to collaborate on an Android version here is the download of the latest windows version, beta I guess but seems stable and passes all my tests... http://extramind.com/sqldb2.1.zip See what you think about the interface I can provide source code also to help us with the Android implementation. How far have you developed so far?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been waiting for SQLite extension for android.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on the SQL extension for android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site is temporarily unavailable

If you manage this site and have a question about why the site is not available, please contact us directly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please share...

I'm new to CF 2.5 and still on the learning curve. However, I'm debating abandoning it for something else. But I like the idea of cross platform compatible; however, since CF does not support SQLite on Android I would not consider it to be cross platform. But before I write off CF, I've been considering creating a SQLite extension for Android (sorry, I don't do Apple, yet) to make CF a viable consideration for software development.

Would it be possible to see what you have created? Or if you have abandoned this project, would you please let me know why? (Since I'm on the learning curve, I don't want to pursue CF if I will just end up getting frustrated and eventually go to something else that meets my needs.)

Thank you,
    Rock
    (Rocnostic at gmail.com)

PS: I'm aware of the options that CF offers for Android data storage; however, they are not acceptable solutions for my needs. And since SQLite does exactly what I need, I don't wish to "re-invent the wheel".