User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't get invisible buttons to work still...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't get invisible buttons to work still...

Hi. I have a movie clip as a background, and want to set up invisible hitboxes for the buttons/areas on the video.

I've tried (seemingly) everything, but still can't get it to work.

I made regular push buttons, set the size to match the area I want clickable, and aligned them with the buttons in the video. That all works fine, except I can't make it invisible, despite clicking the Transparent checkbox (...when it actually even lets me do that).

I also tried making a white box in Photoshop, importing that in, and making the button a bitmap one... same deal.

I also tried making the Photoshop image transparent, and different formats (PNG, GIF, etc)... still no go.

I also tried just painting my own in Fusion2.5, but it either keeps scaling it down to a tiny square (ignoring the dimensions I set in the properties), or saying the 'animation' has to have at least one non-transparent element (or something to that affect).

I just can't get this to work, regardless of what I do.

Could someone outline the proper procedure? Again, I just want invisible buttons/hotspots (for the mouse click) to place overtop a fullscreen video.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be misunderstanding, but I think what you want to do is make an active, then go to the properties of it and then uncheck visible at start. Then you can make events in the event editor based on what you want to do with it.

For example in my game I have an invisible round circle that sits on top of certain buttons, then I have events telling it what to do if the person touches that particular spot. If nobody else chimes in it might help to have an example MFA

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Thanks for the response.

I would have thought that using 'Visible At Start' would essentially make it not exist until you change its state.... to use for an object that you don't want initially there, but then to appear after a certain condition... like a button that appears only after you reach a certain score, or something has completed, etc. In my case, I want it to be there the whole time, but simply invisible (so it doesn't cover up the button in the video below it). I would have thought the 'Invisible' checkbox would have done what I want (object exists, and can be hit, etc... but is not drawn/visible).

I'll give that a try, though. Seems to be working for you!

Could you outline specifically how you are setting this up? (Ex. What do you mean by Active. Are your objects buttons? Etc)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a few things, and just can't get it happening... I must be doing something wrong, or completely misunderstanding how Fusion works!

I made an Active System Box (which I've never tried before), set up the size, and tried both a None (fill) and 3D Button (fill), but even though it shows up in the frame editor, nothing is showing in the render (even with text added). I've it up to react to 'Clicks With Left Mouse Button', 'Button>Is Clicked' and 'Mouseover'... yet none result in any action when I use the mouse.

I'm kind of stumped...

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your best approach would be to use Active objects ("Active" in the list when you're in the new object dialogue). I'm not sure what you mean by it reducing your hitbox to a small square, though - you should be able to set the size yourself, fill it with any colour (as it'll be invisible) and it should stay that way in the game. Visible at Start is definitely the way you want to go - this option makes the object exist but not visible on the frame start. What you described, the object not existing at all until you create it, is "Create on start".

However, how are you playing the video clip? It's possible that if it's through some Windows control, Windows is grabbing the mouse and preventing clicks from getting through.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Okay, I'll try that as well, and report back. Thanks.

The video is a Quicktime being played by the Quicktime object. I had everything working fine in my previous version, where the 'buttons' were just images (cut from the background video itself)... but, by making the boxes invisible, I don't have to visually line up the graphics with each other... just the position of the box.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I still can't get this working, unfortunately...

Again, I just want to set up invisible buttons for the player to click on with their mouse pointer (...the visual button is actually part of the background).

When I use the button object, it all works, except I can't make it invisible.

I then tried an Active object, but there seems to be no means to check if it is getting clicked by the mouse pointer.

Sorry to ask, but could someone outline the process of setting this up, step by step?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What about clicking in a zone and not on an invisible button?
    I think your having some issues as the video will want to be on the top and may interfere with the click getting down to the button.

<< no means to check if it is getting clicked by the mouse pointer.>>
    Look under the mouse and keyboard object in the event editor.
    You can test for clicks on an object (which would be the active) this is where you can also test for clicks in a zone.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: Ah! Okay, I figured out how to detect mouse clicks on an Active object now.

The problem was, I'd be in the Event editor, select a new event, which brought up the window showing all the elements on that frame (I had it set to display the first window (graphic) type, by default). The mistake was that I would select the ACTIVE OBJECT (the button), and there was no 'object is clicked' option in the resulting selection menu.... I know found out that instead, I have to select the Keyboard/Mouse icon (not the button element) from the element window.

Okay, that mystery solved, I'll continue on and see if I get get this all to work.

It's always the little things like that...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Jeff. Just saw your post after I posted my update.

Well, the Active object thing is solved (me not seeing any means to check if it is clicked), so I should be okay (assuming I can make the Active object invisible).

The video thing is part of a bigger mystery I have yet to get an answer on... I find that the stacking order in Fusion seems upside down. I have to put the background on TOP of the buttons in order for it to appear BELOW them in the render.

As well, for some reason, the video is no longer showing up in the frame editor, but instead, I just get the bounding box for it. I WAS displaying before (shows the actual video frame image), but now it's not, and I'm not sure why. It's set to display in the editor, in the preferences.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast