User Tag List

Thread: Having trouble with Checkbox

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having trouble with Checkbox

So the current issue is the application menu (menu option with a check mark).

The Issue: I am programming an application for more easily creating INI files. Currently I have a application menu option "Tool bars" with two sub-options in the drop down box "[X] Show left toolbar" & "[X] Show bottom toolbar" (the "X" represents that it has been set as a check mark option from the menu editor). The function of these sub-options is simple, Show the tool bar when checked, Hide the tool bar when unchecked. However for the life of me I can't figure out how to tell the program the difference between the two. I notice I have a "Is selected?" & "Is checked?" but nothing for testing if the box is NOT checked. Also since the application menu doesn't inherently know to un-check/check the box when I click on it how would I tell my program to preform the necessary action.

In a nut shell I don't know how to test the status of a check box when said check box is clicked on (in reference to the application menu). I've found a roundabout buggy way of accomplishing all this with an actual "Button" object set to the Check-box style, however, I was trying to avoid muddying up the screen with all these preferences and would prefer to keep as much of them in the application menu as possible.

I hope at least some of that made sense. This has been something I've struggled with in MMF2 for quite awhile (was just to stubborn to ask for help).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was I not clear with my explanation? Or has this part of the forum gone to the wayside. (I'd understand considering the age of the product). I'll be upgrading to CTF2.5 come Wednesday.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried to negate the "Is checked" condition? Or trying to use a counter.

PS. to negate (opposite) you right click on the condition, and click negate.