User Tag List

Thread: Code not working in MM2 demo

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code not working in MM2 demo

So im new to this software but I have to use it for this course im taking. Anyways I have to follow through this tutorial and im stuck on a part where it says to put in some code which doesnt seem to be working ( the tutorial gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-an-artillery-game-from-scratch--gamedev-1587 ) If you scroll down a bit where it says to enter code into the event editor I put in the code :

360-ATan2 (Ymouse-Y ("P1Body") , XMouse-X("P1Body"))

Since I don't have the advanced directional object module thingy. I put in that line of code he said to put instead of this line of code in the P1 tank body distance to mouse value.

Distance("Advanced Direction Object", X("P1Body"), Y("P1Body"), XMouse, YMouse)

I'm really new to this software so please try to explain to me what i'm doing wrong as simply as you can , and thanks for any help you can give.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tutorial link since for some reason im not allowed to post a link i removed the http// form the beginning of it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using the latest demo version? I think that expression was added in later versions of MMF2, and as far as I know the demo didn't get updated very often (if at all), so it's possible that re-downloading the demo, if that's even still possible, won't be enough. Have you tried CF2.5's free version? I think you don't need more than 20 objects in that tutorial, so it should work there, since that definitely has the ATan2 expression...

Also, the reason you aren't allowed to post links is because only registered product owners are allowed to do that. The reason? Spambots and spammers. It prevents spambots and spammers, since they almost certainly aren't going to go through the trouble of programming their spambot to purchase CF2.5 just so it can spam links (and if someone somehow manages to do that, and has the money to make that work, then I'd be surprised), and a spammer probably also wouldn't go through that trouble.

Lastly, welcome to the forums!