User Tag List

Thread: Trouble with scrolling objects :( ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble with scrolling objects :( ?

Hi all,

I would like to create scrolling system for my game background. I have objects and I set bouncing movement and when the object reached determined position change it position to another. Everything is fine but i have a problem with GAP between my scrolling background. I attached example and youtube video with this problem:

This is my video YOUTUBE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqOB4B9jg

This is my example (dropbox):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmnuxpk0i3...lling.mfa?dl=0

Anybody know where is problem ? or maybe is it better way to doing this.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this happens because the Bouncing Ball movement is processed after the events are, which means it has the potential to be a couple of pixels out of alignment (my memory on how exactly this works is a little hazy).

I would remove the Bouncing Ball movement (set it to Static instead), and move the objects with something like this event:

+ Always
    -> Set Y position of scrolling to Y("scrolling") + 4

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving it with Y position + //some number// would be my approach too.

Two other quick fixes would be
    I) paint the background blue so that even though there are gaps, they wont show
    II) Increase the height of the scrolling object by a few pixels so that they always overlap and have some space for a potentional gap

EDIT: Im guessing the issue is that the movement is not totally accurate on the pixel you want. If the position is greater than 720 (lets say 721) when it moves, this will produce a small hole. It seems you can solve your issue the way you have it now by instead of static placing it at 0,0 every time, you place the Y position to "Y( "scrolling" ) - 960".
    But still, DavidNs reply is a better way

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using "overlap" or "collides with"? The second (shows up green) is processed before the event loop and I find it to be more reliable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you must use bouncing ball movement for some reason, i would remove the fake object because it's not really needed (unless there's some other use for it that i'm not aware).
    Also replace the "set position at (0,0)" that you have with:

:: set Y coordinate = Y( "scrolling" ) - OHeight( "scrolling" )*2

I tested this with several movement speeds and never had the gap issue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to use bouncing ball movement because i need change speed depending on the situation. All ways are good but "MPnetbox" solution was created for me

Thanks guys for the help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one question more. What about if i create universal app. My main resolution is 320x480 (game resolution) and my frame resolution is 360x569. In this case this code (set Y coordinate = Y( "scrolling" ) - OHeight( "scrolling" )*2) working very well but if I test my app on 360x569 i can see a GAP between two active objects. How can I fix it and prepare app for universal app ? ( i set in my properties in iOS project - DISPLAY : FIT INSIDE AND ADJUST WINDOW SIZE )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, i think that i solved your problem... i didnt test on any iOS device because i don't have any but try it out and let me know.
    Here are the changes that i made:

- On the "scrolling" object i went to the RunTime Options and disabled "Destroy object if too far from frame" and changed the "Inactivate if too far" from "automatic" to "NO". (This is important, or else your scrolling object will be destroyed or won't move when too far away from the frame);

- Next, i added a new scrolling active, because since your frame is now bigger, it needs 3 actives to cover the whole thing, or else you will see a little gap between object repositioning.

- Finally, on the event editor, i change the event condition from Y position of ("scrolling") >= 720
    to:
    :: Y position of ("scrolling") > Frame Height
    - Y( "scrolling" ) - OHeight( "scrolling" ) * NObjects( "scrolling" )

This way it will adapt everytime you change the frame resolution and also when you change the number of actives for background.

Here is the attachment.

scrolling_probable_fix.mfa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Now it works great on all iDevices. Thank you for your help