User Tag List

Thread: Help on how to make grid cells scroll at different speeds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Help on how to make grid cells scroll at different speeds?

I have a game that creates randomized tiles spawn from the top of the screen. They move down one pixel every 0.01 second to create a scrolling effect. At the speed of 1 pixel, the generator creates perfectly spaced cells. However, when i increase the speed to 3 pixels instead of 1. The generator creates unaligned blocks with thin spaces in between the cells and eventually ruin the the perfectly spaced grid. I attatched the mfa file along with some screen shots. Please comment on how to solve this problem!
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I looked at it, and your right.. it does move it..
    3 pixels be exact. the speed is going faster, but your also moving the squares.

Event 6, your changing the Y position of the blocks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for commenting Perry! But is there a way that I can change the speed in game from 1 pixel to 2 or 3 pixels and have no spaces created in between the squares?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you try just changing the layer ?
    set the layout to -1 then you get a scrolling effect.
    (like all the flappy etc clones)

let me get an example for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean. In my situation, the tiles are like walls, I have a player that moves around and other objects that directly interact with the walls. So I have to keep everything in a single layer.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w34rvv0959...lling.mfa?dl=0

you can put it all in 1 layer. but it shows you how it moves and increasing the speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out the example. It didn't really solve my problem with the random spaces in between the squares, but thanks for trying!

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I was trying to get at was how you can do it this way too.
    Now your moving the blocks with + 3 so yes, you will see gaps.
    You need to use something else for moving the blocks
    Like changing the speed from the item, not the Y co-ordinate. (See the word Speed )
    so, the block needs to be set to somethine else (The movement type set to bouncing ball)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated the mfa with different code in order to fix the problem by using fast loops. I have a timer (alterable value) that will have 1 added to it always. When the time reaches 37, it creates another square. At speed 1x, it runs without any thin spaces in between each one. For the 3x speed, I made it so that instead of increasing the timer by 3 always, I made it start a loop 3 times. On each loop, it adds 1 to the timer. So 3 loops times 1 is adding 3 to the timer. But the problem is, event that checks to see if the timer is at 37 isn't checking in between fast loops. Is there a way I can have it check between the loops and create the block at 37 instead of skipping to 38 which creates the 1 pixel space?

I have the mfa here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp8lm266lx...s%202.mfa?dl=0