User Tag List

Thread: Steamworks Extension not loading

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steamworks Extension not loading

Hi,

I'm looking into the Steamworks object and have downloaded it from the Clickstore.

I unzipped the file into the root Fusion 2.5 directory and assume the files are the in the correct places.

The Data folder contents went to these directories

C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\Steamworks.mfx
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\steam_api.dll

The Extension folder contents went to this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Extensions\Unicode\Steamworks.mfx

The Examples went into the Example folder, and the steam_api.dll (which was sitting by itself in the zip file outside of folders) went into the root Fusion 2.5 directory.

I opened Fusion 2.5 and the object doesn't appear in the extension list. Every time I try to open one of the examples that came with the Steamworks object it gives me this error.

Can anyone give any insights as to why this is happening? It's fairly annoying, and I'd love to get started looking into the object asap

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Odd -- Having some people look into this.

I can't remember if I had it installed before or not but I downloaded it from Clickstore and extracted it into the root and the examples opened fine --- But perhaps there is something else that is needed.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No idea, works fine here too and nothing else is needed...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rhys what build of Fusion 2.5 are you using?
    Not that it should matter... We want to figure out what the problem is.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies, went to sleep pretty late last night!

I'm pretty sure I'm using the version previous to the latest beta that's been released (I'm at work at the moment so can't check quickly - possibly 283.5??)

The funny thing is, I installed the extension on my work computer this morning via parallels, and it's showing up in Fusion 2.5.

I might do a re-install of my copy at home and see if it fixes the problem, but it's pretty weird :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reinstalling Fusion 2.5 fixed the issue. Must have been something corrupt somewhere along the line.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange! I wonder if mistakenly having a copy of Steamworks.mfx in the non-unicode extensions directory might have done it, and MMF picked up on that and assumed it wasn't the unicode version? That's about the only possibility I can think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, when I uninstalled Fusion 2.5 Windows somehow kept all my extensions in the Program Files install path. So after I reinstalled Fusion they automatically appeared in my extension list without me having to reinstall each one. Steamworks just showed up with the rest of them. So I'm thinking it might have to do with some weird registry path issue or something :S No idea!

I did notice that PNG import stopped working if I have MMF2 and Fusion 2.5 both installed at the same time (importing a PNG into MMF2 comes up with a "file type not recognised" error message). So it might have something to do with having MMF2 still installed as well.