User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Low performace in Android Runtime

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Low performace in Android Runtime

Hello! would like you take a look at my application please.
    This showing excessive lag in Android Runtime. And I do not know why

I do not want to use color reduction or 85,536 colors because there is several games with 16 million colors that work well in Play Store.

The test device is a LG G3, which is a very powerful device and game resolution is very modest: 480 x 800 and the FPS still oscillating "60 - 40 "
    if you play at the same time in the device and the computer is easy to see that have a delay of one relative to the other

http://www.4shared.com/file/d0TxfPy_ce/Test.html

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just out of interest, does the speed difference between PC and Android affect gameplay?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes Yes Simon

the computer gameplay is very smooth "FPS 60 - 60"
    but in the android, the gameplay is very slow sometimes... "FPS 60 - 40 "
    Sometimes yes sometimes not, with no apparent reason for this

Tested in Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 and LG G3 with the same result.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot that could be done to make this game run smoothly (there is no reason at all that you couldn't make this game run 60fps with a little work).. it just hasn't been made with memory limitations in mind..were you testing it on a device as you created it?

One problem is texture sizes, for example, your cloud backdrop is 773x160 pixels but in memory this will actually be 1024x256.. It would also help if your events were grouped and disabled when not needed (this takes some careful design/thought) it would help if you didn't have 260 objects going at the same time.. this game should only ever need less than 100 objects at any given time. Scaling animations with alpha channels is generally not recommended for performance.

The pipes should be broken up into smaller pieces rather than one huge image.. fine detection turned off everywhere it's not needed (pretty much everywhere in this case) all of your graphics should fit nicely into power of 2 sizes. See here - http://community.clickteam.com/threads/84930-how-to-work-out-if-an-image-is-to-the-power-of-2?highlight=powers and here http://community.clickteam.com/entries/598-How-to-Optimize-Your-Games

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have you tried it on the latest beta?
    Yves did some work and on one of the test games the FPS increased a 3rd
    Maybe that along with some of Dave's advice it will help a bit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, this game DOES run at 60fps but there are random moments (not connected to a certain number of events running at that time or objects on-screen) when the FPS drops between 40 and 60fps.

I have the same problem with my game and unfortunately no number of optimisations I've tried remove the random dips HOWEVER using the latest beta is proving to be good for performance - I'm still testing.

I have noticed this happens a hell of a lot less on Android phones running vanilla Android (I'm using CM12 on my Note 4), even a simple reboot helps performance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. yes!. is exactly this.
    no matter the optimisations you try, not takes effect in perforcame
    And there's a lot more complex 2D games in Play Store running well in my G3, Xoom and Galaxy S2

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal_Shadow, the .apk has been deleted. Which kind of game is yours? I had problem with my app because I was trying to put a lot of active objects at the same time in the frame. After I removed the active objects and put a dynamic generation of tiles, it's running smooth now. There are a lot of optimizations that can be done, unfortunately the Android Runtime is slower.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is not really a fault of the android runtime.. like I said, you could easily get this game running smoothly on a low spec device.. it just requires a bit of work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DaveC,

My fault. I forgot to complete my sentence: "(...)unfortunately the Android Runtime is slower than Windows Runtime".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast