User Tag List

Thread: Kalaban - A story-oriented horror adventure (WIP)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kalaban - A story-oriented horror adventure (WIP)

Howdy!

I formerly posted a thread about our current game project, Kalaban, when it was a sidescroller. I decided to make a brand new post, because frankly, the design has been through a complete rehaul.

Our game is still a survival horror, but now with more emphasis on the story and exploration of the environments. The scenery will be interactive and you can pick up most of the objects you see. We're pretty much using the Warren Spector mentality of "if there's a phone on the table, you should be able to use it".

The game is about an american hermit living in Finland, known as 'Bob'. He comes in contact with a mysterious mutant beast, and begins to find out what has happened. Player makes his way through the small town and into a larger city. During his journey, the story and the mystery unravels.

The light-shadow system is a whole new addition to the project. It proved out to be quite difficult to do, even from this perspective. The game also now has a dynamic day/night transition, though its still in a bit rough state. We're planning on hitting Steam Greenlight this month or the next, so all your support and love is needed for this project!

Here's a couple of screenshots from the current phase. Everything is still WIP, so please excuse us. I also included a link to our IndieDB page, in case you guys are interested. If you have any questions about the game or its details, just ask! I'll be glad to answer

http://www.indiedb.com/games/kalaban
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very intrestnigng graphics! Some thinsgs seem to melt into the ground, like the wrecked car seems to not have any height. Maybe this is more visible when playing
    Well done!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Did you see the earlier sidescroller pre-alpha? How does this compare to that? We were extremely sceptical about the transition, because the platformer version looked really nice and creepy, and also had a super-smooth scrolling effect.

But with the light and shadows coming into play, we think the new design is fine too. Yeah, I probably have to ephasize some of the map objects more (maybe with black edges), so that its not just a one big mess We are doing this project with four guys, and I'm the one responsible for the environmental art, scripting and overall Fusion work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, y'all! Kalaban is making progress, and now we've sut up a devblog for the game. Go track it or the IndieDb site if you want to stay up to date

http://kalabandev.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has pretty much gone into me just myself commenting by myself, but...

Here's a couple of really early gameplay examples of the first scene in our upcoming pre-alpha tech demo.

We're currently working on a version which showcases the full potential of our game as a whole.