Thread: 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing work!

Kind of times I realize how good some people are

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you

@Kisguri: Absolutely! I'll fill out an application right away.

Big news! Oh, that big?

After months of work there is finally a trailer showcasing some gameplay from the game! Not only that: Jarvis is currently up on Steam greenlight for voting!

It would mean alot to me if you guys would stop by its Greenlight page to check out the trailer and help me out!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Added to IndieGameCreators.com ! It now appears on everyone's Welcome page in Fusion 2.5 now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you! It looks great. I'm almost considering re-directing www.jarvis-game.com to the IndieGameCreators page now instead of the offical site.

I'm a terrible web designer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back in the saddle after the holidays. If you've been following the game you already know but Jarvis got green-lit!

I celebrate the occasion by working on some UI icons for the inventory.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations chrilley!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations,
    your game seems awesome, love the gloomy atmosphere, gameplay and overall look.

May I ask you if you can share just one or two simple hints on how to become so good (or even half as good ) with pixel art?
    Like how you "started" and how much it took to come up to this.

I would love learning to pixel-draw this well

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

@schrodinger: I began doing pixel art around the time I got Klik & Play(I think I was 9 or 10). So I can definitely say that practice for a long time does work! I've never been talented, I just really liked to draw and paint in general so eventually I was bound to get at least a little bit better.

One tip I can say for sure though is that practicing art in general will help boost your pixel art skills. The fundamentals does a lot for instance; Just silhouette, form, color theory and composition alone will automatically apply to whatever you're pixeling

There are tons of great tutorials out there too. The latest one I saw and really liked is https://gumroad.com/l/pixel-logic# by Michael Azzi. It's not quite done yet but I have read all 4 chapters up til' now and can definitely recommend it!

I also like to look at some classic 16-bit/32-bit game screenshots when I work(sometimes newer indie games works too!). There's always something you can learn by dissecting the pixel art styles you really like.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chrilley - thanks A TON!
    I was there in the Klik'n Play era too (and my artworks looked definitely bad ),
    but then spent many years outside this world, without chances to practice pixel art (but I like drawing too).
    I now see this as the best fitting design-style for many games, and would be very interested in learning.

So, your tips are much valuable!
    Bookmarked the link, and hope to have some time to dedicate on this noble art in the future

And sorry for going off-topic,
    your game really rocks,
    its overall concept and setting perfectly suits my taste,
    I'll get it as soon as it comes out!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No problem! Good luck with the pixel art!

I just started a DevLog at Tigsource and made some new material that makes no sense not to share here as well!

You might have noticed from my last update that I am currently doing a pass on the entire UI of the game:

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast