User Tag List

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No problem zip2kx!

@Del_Duio: Sadly the name will have to change, though I'd like to have "Jarvis" somewhere in the title.

I am still taking suggestions/ideas!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you not just give it a subtitle?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Sadly the name will have to change"

Why does it though? I don't think many people will give you any crap about it honestly.
    And if it does well- which it looks to me like it will- then you'll have people find it by googling "Jarvis game" anyhow.

Rise up, brother chrilley!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Del_Duio

It's entirely possible he's already consulted a lawyer on the subject. Or it's possible that he just wants to stay on the safe side, especially seeing as how people aren't as likely to remember a game called Jarvis.

Take it from a guy who changed the name of one of their games from "Galactic Battle" to "Echobyte Heroes": You want the name of your game to stand out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrilley-

You want to change the name because you believe that Marvel or Disney might give you trouble,but I don't think that jarvis infringes on their copyright/Trademark.

For those who don't know,Marvel has a character named jarvis who is iron man's AI/butler.In the more recent movies jarvis became the vision,so he will no longer be used in the movies and while Jarvis is still used in the comics he is a minor character.

On top of that companies cannot just own any name.You can have a character called "Dora" but you cannot have a show named "Dora the explorer".You can have a character named tony as long as their last name isn't stark.You can only infringe on someone's copyright or trademark if your work is too similar to theirs.

So you can have a game/character called jarvis,but your character can't be a butler or computer AI.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarvis is just a man's name, not even a big company would want to open that can of legal worms.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys we've had this discussion a few pages back, I'm seeing a lot of the same arguments already answered there

Since then I've had the opportunity to speak with more experienced people than me on the matter. Two of which are lawyers who both recommended that I at least give the game a title that doesn't already exist on the same or another platform within the market. It's not bullet proof but much better than having the exact same title as another trademarked app.

"Jarvis" can still be within the title but not just "Jarvis"(despite how much I like it).

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were me I'd totally call it

"Jarvis: Go ahead, try and sue me!"

Oh I totally would haha.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chrilley-

I don't remember hearing about jarvis being in a smash bros clone!

I found out from this video.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also how did that happen?

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast