User Tag List

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, now I can go ahead an make a game people will be able to read and understand!

Vol: For my pixel graphics I just make everything small and scale to (usually) 4x using the window object. You have to take the border & menu header into account but it seems to work and no blurries too

EDIT: 3D9 here as well. Used to be a huge supporter of Standard Mode until everything started slogging on recent computers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm still alive thanks to freelance work!

I did a second iteration on the save area:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Througout my development quite a few people have shown some the interest in my editor so I am sharing the new update I made recently:

Version 2.1

Rough changelog:
    - Dark color theme (R.I.P Blue)
    - Re-organized the workspace
    - Cleaned up the layout and spacing of elements
    - Script Triggers now easier to manage and work with
    - Added background parallax parameters
    - Minor bugs here and there fixed too

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OUCH !!! What a GREAT editor !!!! Excellent Chrilley !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Glad to see things are going well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is awesome, I honestly believe this is something that should have been standard or at least someone should make something like this and put it on the click store .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cosmos10040: It has been said time and time again. Editors like this are very specific to specific engines. It is not easy to simply make one editor for all games. The beauty of Fusion is you can build an editor for your needs. And if you need help getting started making your own editor, there are examples available. Besides, unless you understand the data format being saved out by the editor, you won't be able to load and use that data.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful UI, Chrilley. I should invest in this too... I think in the end it pays off, you progress faster and double the fun when designing. I also think Mobichan is right with Lv editors in general, if you've not made it yourself you'll have a very hard time implementing even the smallest changes and if any bugs should occure with the loading routines you would probably never be able to fix it yourself...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure a generic level-editor could be done that would be at least half-useful to most people, even if (or perhaps especially) it's just built specifically as a learning tool rather than a game-ready editor. Either something that's very basic and requires the user to build on top of it, or else something that's very flexible and feature-rich and allows the user to turn off what she doesn't need. In each case, it should be heavily commented with a tool-tip based in-editor help system that explains how the various pieces - UI, data, metadata, etc. work. You can't tell me something like that wouldn't be super useful to a lot of people, compared to just being told to start from scratch. Even just having some UI infrastructure that you can copy and reuse would be a massive time-saver, rather than having to figure out every piece of the information architecture yourself.

The same argument of "every game is different - you need to make your own solution to fit your game" could be made of game engines themselves. And yet things like Rage's Platform Engine exist, and the community is better off for it.

@chrilley: how long (hours/weeks/etc) do you think it took you to make that level editor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long are your loading times?(If any)
    I made a editor, but some levels would take 20secs to load.

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast