User Tag List

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there are definitely some neat advantages to doing it on the fly for sure. I am a bit worried about the slightly rising memory usage though. I wonder if constantly creating and destroying stuff may leave some things behind?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    Yeah, there are definitely some neat advantages to doing it on the fly for sure. I am a bit worried about the slightly rising memory usage though. I wonder if constantly creating and destroying stuff may leave some things behind?
    Nope, I think this may have been an issue a couple of years ago tho, I remember having trouble back then with rising RAM count on every room reload. I checked this carefully after I went back to avoiding frame restarts last year and what I can tell from the debugger is that memory is freed correctly once assets are not displayed. I also ran a couple of longplays with hundreds of room shifts and never experienced anything odd.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's reassuring to hear! I do see a rise of roughly 50Mb in the debugger as I play on but I remember reading that the number is not super-trustworthy, right? I should probably do some runs with task manager and some graphic card diagnostic tool later.

Also new thread page demands visuals!

Grotto + Mist effect:

The cave has taken on a more creepy look as of late. What is nesting in there?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt a pixel art game would run out of memory anyway That fog looks really rad, how did you make it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, do you mean that you delete all objects and then proceed to load everything? How does one delete obstacles?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Julian82: Thanks! Basically I made a new variation of my water shader. I created one still image of random "mist streams" as a base then I just scroll that texture on the x axis through a displacement map that makes it appear more fluid.

@zip2kx: Yup! I simply remove everything that I am unsure will be needed in the next room. You can delete backdrops that was created during runtime with the Storyboard object. It has a couple actions for it under its "Backdrops" category.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cave looks too spooky for me. After playing a bit too much Bloodborne recently, I am going to presume the worst!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Akiat Hopefully this is less spooky!

I recently touched up on this area a bit while I was making the waterfalls work again after putting in the new level loading. It looks like for the longest time, my monitor had been set with a crazy color profile, without me noticing. Basically all my gifs was super dark to view on my phone and Surface pro 3... I hope the gifs over the last months has been better in that regard!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This really looks great man! I can tell a lot of hard work's been put into this little gem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those waterfalls look great, are they made with a shader too?

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast