User Tag List

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are definitely no disagreements about that part. Currently one window will have about 40 dust particles floating about, which isn't horribly bad but once those windows stack up I will hit the hundreds for sure.

The looping is what has me stumped though. Just looking at the .gif it's very obvious where the effect "restarts".

Perhaps I could play the rendered animation backwards when its end has been reached?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have to hand tweak it in PS to get a good loop. Not too much work but not much fun either. :p

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, here we go. It took a bit of trial and error. That Screen Capture object totally kills the framerate so at first I ended up with renders with about 8-10 pitiful particles floating about. Eventually I got something that looks more or less the same as the non_baked version :P

I ended up reversing the animation in order to get it to loop. I cannot tell when it happens myself so hopefully nobody else can either.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bam! Good job.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Another option to make it more seamless/varied is to do 2 or 3 simpler prerenders with different frame lengths and superimpose them.

But it looks like your reversing trick has done the job. Nice work

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys

Now I am back to the part that I dread: Vendor Screen. Both its UI and functionality... Gah...

Here's the current state of the screen:

(that smug cat doesn't help one bit)

In order to save objects I create and place each element when they are needed. Makes no sense to me to have a bunch of objects floating about that are used only in specific areas of the game. However this makes making changes to the layout a pain...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay!

It feels like it is time for another round of game title ideas. While I personally like the name Jarvis some pointed out a while ago that the current name can sound a bit dull by itself(not to mention there is also a marvel app already with that name).

It should also be noted that I am terrible at names and am not native English speaker so I'm sure my titles are bound to sound cheesy and/or corny.

Since the game is heavily centered on the title character and his magic arts I figured that's what the title should be about. So his name + elements from his abilities and then maybe one more word that implies its his story?

Keywords that come to mind:

Magic, Warlock, Wizard, Wizardry, Sorcery, Spell, Spirit, Cast, Fire, Blaze

Tale, Legend, Lore, Adventure, Journey, Story, Myth, Saga, Quest, Fable, Fantasy, Legacy

Title Ideas:
    Warlock Tale Jarvis
    Wizard Legend Jarvis
    Blaze of Jarvis

Am I onto something or are these still terrible? Anyone sitting on some idea?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like Jarvis name,
    but I've maybe become used to it, and its retro-styled font image, like the one seen in your signature.

Jarvis is not so common (say, it's not like calling your game "Mike" or "Bob" )
    seems to come from "spear" so it has some small bound to fantasy adventures,
    btw, I like the second meaning given in this site:
    2) One who came from Jervaulx (pronounced Jarvis) in Northern Yorkshire, the site of a Cistercian monastery and named for the river Ure and "vaulx," meaning valley. Jervis is a variation of the first meaning, and Gervis, Gervase , and Jarvie are variations of the second origin.

still more fantasy-taley
    but not sure how much it's reliable

Short names can be easy to remember and "strike" memory, stick in imagination,
    long names can be more "epic" or evokative,
    giving a name is a bit like making poetry.. something I'm terrible at too

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this game looks so cool!! And I agree with Schrodinger, Jarvis is a good name and I like it too. If you HAD to change it I think the best out of your 3 options would be Blaze of Jarvis (as the other two don't sound quite right to me).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the motion of Blaze of Jarvis, in the event you plan on changing the name.

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast