User Tag List

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Red face 2d Metroidvania Platformer: Jarvis

Oohhh. Shiny.

www.jarvis-game.com
    Jarvis on Facebook

Good day!
    I figured I'd start a development thread now that I sort of have to finish this game

The game is centering around a small fellow named Jarvis, who was basically summoned by accident to save the world from evil.

Throughout the game you will find skills, spells, treasures and then also some things that really want you dead. You venture through haunted forests, demonic castles, dark caves and ancient ruins.

It draws a lot of inspiration from classic titles like Metroid and Castlevania. Yes, we really need yet another metroidvania amongst the 394024 other ones. Leave me alone!

I think the current status of the game can be summed up best by these screenshots:

If you want to support the game feel free to Like and Share the Jarvis Facebook page (currently boasting the massive amount of 5 likes!).

I will try keep posting things here and on the FB page when new cool things show up in the game.

Oh, and feedback is always welcome!

Cheers!
    \

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always nice to see such nice projects developed with Fusion, congrats!
    You have a new follower on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks promising, i'm really curious about the gameplay feeling
    Demo? =)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, when can we see something playable?

The game seems atmospheric and pixel art style is coherent in it. Don't worry about people saying metroidvania genre. A bad metroidvania game is bad, and a good one is good, obviously! If you master that genre best and feel the most comfortable in, then you should definitely stick to it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

At this point there is nothing playable available but I do plan to have a demo/playable slice in the near future(approx. 1-2 months)! And before then I will most likely have some gameplay footage uploaded as well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wooow

Great game. congrats

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, it's been quite a while since last time!

At the moment I am making the castle area of the game which will be the area I put into the demo(which is severely delayed, sorry!). Here's some work-in-progress screenshots of that area:

I am having lots of fun making these levels, here's a little sneak peak behind the scenes:

Ever since I upgraded this editor the level creation process became about 400% more fun(and twice as fast too!), so there's a lesson learned for me: Spend time on good editors.

In other news: I am at the moment talking to a musician to help me out with the music. Judging by the little sample I got to listen a few days ago it's going to sound fantastic! It will be very much inspired by Castlevania music. Hopefully it won't be too long until everyone else can hear it too!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o wow, I liked the screenshots very much, but I would love to play around with that editor.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad you like it! I am considering throwing in the editor as a bonus item for the game. With it you'd not only be able to make brand new levels but also load and edit all the levels already included in the game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the level editor created in Fusion? It looks amazing, how long did it take to put the editor together?

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast