User Tag List

Thread: Scrolling with Platform Movement Object: Catapulting player into space upon scroll?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scrolling with Platform Movement Object: Catapulting player into space upon scroll?

I'm trying to make a runner sidescroller using the Platform Movement Object as my player controller, and as I began putting in what has always been a very simple feature (scrolling), I realized that whenever the screen began to scroll, my player was catapulted to the right on the x-axis, clipping through all collision and eventually falling out of frame. Been fiddling with this for a while now, and the issue doesn't want to budge.

I've uploaded the .mfa file to this post so you guys can check it out.

The issue immediately stops when I delete the scrolling condition, and persists no matter which of my two player objects I choose to attach the scrolling to.

Edit--

Also, it is not the active object I am using as the ground. I tried it with a normal backdrop and the same phenomenon occurs as soon as the camera begins scrolling.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still grappling with this problem and it is driving me up the wall. Am I the world's unluckiest wannabe game-designer or am I just a complete idiot who is oblivious to an obvious solution? I hate to 'bump' a thread, but I am actually getting pretty desperate over this. Any input at all would help, even just a brief reassurance that I'm not a total idiot (or even, visa versa would have its benefits).

I have spent hours researching this, troubleshooting and adjusting every setting value I could possibly find, and nothing will stop this from happening. I can't imagine that the Platform Movement Object doesn't support scrolling.

Please help, anyone. I would greatly appreciate any advice at all.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in the runtime options for the object "Active" (the green diamond thing) tick the box "Follow Frame" - problem solved.