User Tag List

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: Spriter Object Extension

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks fantastic. Not sure if this has been answered, I'm still working my way through the thread, but does/will it work with the various exporters?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have scanned through the thread (in all honesty I haven't read the whole thing haha.) I am wondering how I can get this working with Fusion 2.5 as I use Spriter on every single sprite I animate. It would be amazing to be able to import the actual animations in their native Spriter format.

I use the Steam version of Fusion 2.5 (I have upgraded to the Developer version). How would I go about installing and using this extension. I am very new to Fusion 2.5 just want to throw that in there

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a horrible framerate with the default greyguy spriter object. From 60 it drops to 30. If I put more than one instances it gets much worse.

Your extension works, but it needs some serious work on optimizing it before it can be used for anything. I think that you would be better off rewriting it based on what the spriter guys released

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

thanks for your feedback.
    @JohnArtbox: I will be able at maximum to port it to Android not more. But the code will be opensource, under BSD license. So it will be possible to port it.
    @ScrotieFlapWack: this extension is importing the native Spriter format (just scml at the moement, no json). I do not know how steam version is working but in the original version you just need to extract the zip file in the root folder of CF2.5.
    @blurymind: you are right for the FPS but it has less to do with the way I programmed the backend than the rendering and the caching topics in CF2.5. It will have the same issues with what BrashMonkey provided until I find a proper way to get real deep copy of surfaces. Anyway the next version will be released based on the Spriter code.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ blurymind,
    May I ask what your general PC specs and OS are? I ask because My test with 1 large spriter object, a player object and many layers of scrolling stays at 60 FPS solid. I'm wondering if we can maybe figure out other contributing factors. Would you mind sharing your MFA with me so I can see what the FPS is on my end etc?

cheers.
    -Mike at BrashMonkey

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have extracted the zip file into the my CTF 2.5 directory and the extension shows up as 'spriter v5.0' in the Extensions Manager in CFT 2.5 but when I hit the install button I get an error saying 'Cannot download the files'.

I really want to use this, it looks so much more efficient and the results look great too.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrotieFlapWack View Post
    I have extracted the zip file into the my CTF 2.5 directory and the extension shows up as 'spriter v5.0' in the Extensions Manager in CFT 2.5 but when I hit the install button I get an error saying 'Cannot download the files'.

I really want to use this, it looks so much more efficient and the results look great too.
    Once you extract the zip, it is already installed - don't try to use the extension manager!
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth be told, I am running clickteam fusion on linux, via wine. My laptop has 4gb of ram and a duo core 2 intel card, with an Ati mobility radeon 4650.
    Clickteam runs alright and spriter's extension works too! But the framerate drops a lot with each instance of the spriter object.

Now, I also have clickteam on windows (i dual boot) and there the extension does not work at all there! When I run the frame, nothing shows up - it does not load the grey guy.
    This is very strange to me. Is it possible because I updated mmf, the extension no longer works?

Bottom line - slow on linux+wine, doesnt work on windows at all and it does not allow me to import the actual graphic objects in the project at all on both - it only runs them from a specified directory.

It would be nice to have clickteam put the effort in teaming with the developer and make an officially supported by fusion extension.
    I mean yoyo games did that with Spine and it worked out great for them - game maker and spine work very well together. I know you guys are busy with fusion 3, but this would benefit everyone basically. You, spriter and all the animators/developers using fusion. I would be putting spriter animations on the clickteam market already if clickteam actually supported spriter animations officially - the way Game maker supports Spine animations out of the box.

Yo Yo games developers saw the value of this and worked on supporting it, Clickteam developers are waiting for someone to make one in their free time. I am not sure that conceptgame has full access to the mmf source code in order to make a well optimized extension. What about Construct2 - I think developers helped the Spriter devs too - spriter runtime works much better there.

Clickteam has spriter on the clickstore, yet it does not officially support it's runtime. This is such a shame at the moment.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand your point blurymind. I have waited this feature for a so long time that I am frustrated not to be able to finish this extension earlier.
    That said, I would be really satisfied if the efforts I put in this extension have pushed forward this new way of animating by Clickteam staff.
    Clickteam has already planned to integrate Spriter compatibility into Fusion 3 so I cannot blame them to focus more on this than to help finish this one for CF2.5. And Yves answered quickly my questions when I had some.
    I will still work on it to finish this as soon as possible to promote this tool in current projects and gather experience for Fusion 3.
    Regarding your remarks on performance and the way sprites are loaded, it is something that is normal for a beta phase. It is the way optimisation is working from my point of view.
    I encourage you to help me polishing this one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you conceptgame,
    I will continue to look forward to and test new versions of your extension with the hope that it will soon be ready for prime time. Your work is very valuable to the community here and I am sure that clickteam developers appreciate it too.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast