Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Beta: Spriter Object Extension

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Hi conceptgame,

I just sent you a PM with an example.

Thanks !

Thomas

I'm having an issue where, when switching animations, any object/sprite not present in the previous animation will fly into the frame from offscreen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Quote Originally Posted by dustingunn View Post
    I'm having an issue where, when switching animations, any object/sprite not present in the previous animation will fly into the frame from offscreen.
    This is just a guess, are you blending from one animation to the other? If one animation has something and the next does not, or the animations use diferent bones etc, you should likely not blend one animation to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by BrashMonkey View Post
    This is just a guess, are you blending from one animation to the other? If one animation has something and the next does not, or the animations use diferent bones etc, you should likely not blend one animation to the next.
    Yeah, I was blending. Trying without the blend, it causes crashes (after about a minute, and just from basic animation switching.)

This is with loading from external. I'd try the loading from active but I have no idea how you're supposed to make a pipeline to get every sprite into an active object easily.

Edit: It wasn't causing a crash, per se. It's destroying the spriter object which causes Advanced Direction Object to crash (because it'll crash if it references an object not in frame.) The spriter object self-destructing is still pretty worrying though.

Edit 2: The sprite occasionally flashes, and an active object set to the X position of a bone will destroy itself if "destroy if too far from frame is checked." Does that mean when it flashes, the bones/sprites go offscreen for 1 frame? It also crashes due to the spriter object if I set the active to its point position and the spriter object kills itself (previously mentioned issue.) I think a safety check is missing. Set a string to check the x position of the bone and when the spriter object is destroyed, the x position is: -2147483648. Guessing the self-destructing is caused by the "destroy if too far" on the spriter object as well.
    Last edited by dustingunn; 3rd August 2017 at 10:53 PM.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Blog Entries
    Hi dustingunn,

I am really late on all issues at the moment. Can you sent me an example to make it easier to debug and fix this?
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by dustingunn View Post
    Yeah, I was blending. Trying without the blend, it causes crashes (after about a minute, and just from basic animation switching.)

This is with loading from external. I'd try the loading from active but I have no idea how you're supposed to make a pipeline to get every sprite into an active object easily.

Edit: It wasn't causing a crash, per se. It's destroying the spriter object which causes Advanced Direction Object to crash (because it'll crash if it references an object not in frame.) The spriter object self-destructing is still pretty worrying though.

Edit 2: The sprite occasionally flashes, and an active object set to the X position of a bone will destroy itself if "destroy if too far from frame is checked." Does that mean when it flashes, the bones/sprites go offscreen for 1 frame? It also crashes due to the spriter object if I set the active to its point position and the spriter object kills itself (previously mentioned issue.) I think a safety check is missing. Set a string to check the x position of the bone and when the spriter object is destroyed, the x position is: -2147483648. Guessing the self-destructing is caused by the "destroy if too far" on the spriter object as well.
    I would double check your animations, I was having a similar issue and it turned out it was being caused by one animation having parts at some ridiculous offset for a split second.

conceptgame: I've implemented the change to the way image loading handles external images I was talking about earlier in the thread, I've committed the changes to my fork on github, but I closed my pull request due to it also including changes I made to compile it in VS2017. I can open up a new pull request from a new branch if you'd like to take a look, it's not a very complicated change and it seems to work nicely.
    Last edited by Shadoku; 13th August 2017 at 12:39 AM.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26