User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Super Mega Best Cat Adventures

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks zip2kx, I really want to make it super crazy and fun! Hopefully the trailer showcases that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on my progress:

I've finished the most of the Kickstarter text - just tweaking left which I expect to finish this morning. There's 1 image left to edit, and I've finally cut and edited the video. I used a rough cut of a track sent over by my musician as a placeholder for now. When I've finished everything today I'm going to submit the project for approval by Kickstarter. It takes approx 2-3 days for them to approve it, so we should be able to go live very soon! When I've got a new version of the music I'll edit that back into the video, and then I'll re-upload it - apparently this is a fine thing to do, and it's possible to change the content of the project page at any time.

HYPE!

Here's a small drawing I shared on twitter the other day that showcased my exceptional skills at being able to draw on my phone whilst on the london underground. I did this after cutting together some of the clips for the trailer on a laptop whilst on a long bus trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting news everyone - Super Mega Best Cat Adventures is ready to launch on Kickstarter!

It's been approved by the Kickstarter people and all I have to do is push a big fat button. I plan to do this WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!!! (Oh god)

I'm planning to also launch my Greenlight campaign at the same time as hopefully they'll both drive each other's traffic up. It means that I'm probably going to go crazy because it's a bit of a push!

See you on the other side!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck buddy!
    I dont have much experience with kickstarter or greenlight, i would recomend going to reddit.com/r/gamedev since there are a bunch of posts from people that tried that and they share their experiences and tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I've read a lot about both already - and hope that I'm well set up! There's a lot I've done, and could still do, but at the end of the day sometimes you just have to go with what you have! I'm very excited and very nervous! I'll let you all know as soon as it's live!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, you have my support!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Julian!

IT'S LIVE!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cat-adventures

I am nervous and excited! It feels quite overwhelming!

Oh, and live on Greenlight too!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=754792275

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've backed it. Here's hoping you succeed so you can afford to get a decent desktop PC. That footage recording setup looks agonising! :P

Personally, I hope you include a combo-multiplier feature in the game. That to me is fundamental in a twin stick shooter. My favourite 3 twin stick shooters ever all have it (ion assault, waves, renegade ops)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Volnaiskra! Really means a lot

And yeah lol I could do with a new machine - but I decided not to budget any of the Kickstarter towards that!

I love combo-multipliers, I've been toying with ideas on how to implement them but I've not made a firm decision yet. I'm planning to have the game be very fast paced, it might be too fast paced to implement something like that in the traditional way of 'sequential shots connecting = multiplier', but there's lots of other ways that I could work it into the gameplay! I liked Geometry Wars on the 360 - that had a few game-modes but in them it had an interesting system where enemies dropped glowing pellets that you collected to increase your multiplier. It made for an interesting balance between shooting and moving tactically around the screen! I'll check out those other games you mentioned too in more detail!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, mechanics that encourage you to frantically move around the screen make all the difference in my opinion. They prevent you from camping in the corner, which I think is our first instinct, but also tends to get boring.

All the games I mentioned do that, but Ion Assault in particular was completely genius in how it did it.

You can even look to 3d fighting games for inspiration. The combat sections in the batman Arkham games are more or less twin stick shooters in my opinion. In those, the main motivation for not camping in one spot is to make it dangerous to do so by enemies flocking you, but also by certain enemies loudly telegraphing invincible attacks that force you to get out of the way. Also, batman gets cool abilities (eg. Environmental take Downs or Vault or grapple over enemies) , so that also encourages the player to move around.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast