User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Super Mega Best Cat Adventures

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PBarwick-

Follow the link below and click download,it contains at least 100 news sites,blogs,podcasts,magazines,conventions that you can contact or go to to promote your game.I suggest that you contact all of them,when kickstarter projects are't half way or fully funded within the first 10 days people see it as a already dead project,a lost cause.You have to contact countless sites and people.

Games like shovel knight and Undertale didn't just get overfunded just because there great games,but also because their creators were already well known people.Yacht club employees used to work for wayforward games and helped make Ducktales Remastered,Shahtae and Double Dragon Neon,Toby Fox was already a popular composer for the webcomic homestruck and got shoutouts from all his friends he made through the the webcomic.
    Even Freedom Planet was very popular on the sonic fan forums getting hundreds of downloads long before they did a kickstarter.For one more clickteam game I'll give you Five Night's at Freddys,it was also on kickstarter months before it first came out and no one gave it a dime LITERATELY!But we all know how that story went.

What I'm trying to say is if you already have a name for yourself then funding your game will be so much easier,but many of us don't,we want to make a name for ourselves with the great games we make.So we have to work harder to get our games to succeed,we have to contact more people,go to more conventions and get our names out there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kno1zjo5y...yv3gBPmua?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey PBarwick, I didn't know you did video commissions

(from an After Effects plugin I just discovered - it's fantastic by the way)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

First of all, thanks so much for the support back in September (!!) - unforunately the Kickstarter wasn't successful, but I am proud of what I achieved and I learnt a lot. I'm currently taking a break from this project, with a new baby in the house things have been pretty hectic (but exciting) since the end of the Kickstarter!

I'm taking a little break, and intend to relaunch the Kickstarter again one day, maybe later this year, with a much more modest goal, aiming just to pay myself and my musician. No budget for game promotion and manufacturing physical rewards means that I'll easily be able to cut the budget by at least half - hopefully meaning it'll be easier to gain momentum on Kickstarter.

Some good news in the meantime is that Super Mega Best Cat Adventures got Greenlit on Steam shortly after the Kickstarter ended, which is great.

So, to sum things up, it's been a busy time, I've had a little break (which is continuing), and hopefully one day I'll be back

Looking forward to share more progress with you on this in the future!

In the meantime, I'm going to release a 99% completed project that is way more experimental in nature, which will be free (or maybe donation based.) I'm doing a dev-log for that on the tigsource forums here:https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60288.0 if you would like to check it out!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you back, PBarwick. All the best with the little one

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13