User Tag List

Thread: promo codes on ios game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

promo codes on ios game

Hi, I had my Fusion 2.5 game approved by Apple and it is now on "ready for sale" state on iTunes connect with a release date set on near future (the game is not released yet). I was generating some promo codes for it but when people try to redeem them, they receive this message at the appstore: "this item is being modifyed. try again later.". Does anyone know what is happening?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what's causing this but have the exact same problem. I spoke to Apple's dev support (via email) and they just told me the app had to be live on the App Store for promo codes to work which of course is wrong, so now I'm waiting for a respons on my follow up. But I'm considering setting the release date today just to make those promo codes work (hopefully), but that's far from ideal. Have you spoken to support yet?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the apple forums and this is happening to everyone :-(

Please let me know if you find a solition to this.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sort of good to know other people have this problem as well. By the way, putting it live on App Store does not make the promo codes work.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I've spoken with a bunch of Apple support people and they all forward me to each other. They confirm that everything seems fine with the app, but refuses to admit that the problem has to do with itunes. I even gave in and published my app, just to find out that the Buy button gave more or less the same error, claiming that the app isn't currently on the App Store. So I had it removed again setting the availabilty date to near future again. I'm lost...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems some people are reporting to be contacted by Apple about the problem as they are working on solving it but without an estimate time for haveing it fixed.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I released the app again last night (changed the availability date), and the first few hours the purchase button didn't work, but finally this morning it does. Now the promo codes work as well. Not sure if it had to do with me releasing it or if Apple fixed whatever caused the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try this... mine isn't working yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laborius, did you set your app release date back to a future release? I did this to one of my apps and the codes started working after some time, but when I set back the release date to the future the app was not removed from the appstore...