User Tag List

Thread: Looking for a bit of advice for how to handle off screen objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a bit of advice for how to handle off screen objects.

Hello,

I'm having a slight issue with objects that leave the screen with custom movements. Once in a while the object will vanish from the screen and in the debugger I can see the Y coordinates going up or down. Now this doesn't happen all the time, but on rare accessions. I've included my events below and I'm not sure if I'm doing the for each loops correctly. Thank you in advance.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this the HTML5 runtime by chance?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using Windows at the moment but the goal is to get it to run on all run times.

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be careful with moving objects outside of the frame at all. The HTML 5 runtime does NOT play nice when this happens.

What does "OutsideOfFrame" represent? Is it a static number?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I have it set to 32 for testing purposes. Thank you for the tip! What would you recommend for stopping custom movement so it doesn't freak out when out of frame?

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its been a while since I've played around with HTML 5, but I seem to remember certain events/actions not triggering at ALL whenever objects move outside of the playfield in HTML 5. I don't think this has been addressed.

Also - shouldn't OutsideOfFrame get added, not subtracted in the lower than or equal to portions?

I think I might know what your problem is. I've had object selection issues recently with for each loops applying events to objects multiple times (ie: gravity getting tripled on an object any time multiple objects meet the critera.)

Anyways - try doing this.

Create a counter

On Each one of objects:
    Set counter to fixed value of object.

Now any time you run the loop add this line directly below:

On Loop "X"
    + Fixed Value of Object = Counter
    + other conditions

This will insure that the correct object gets referenced every time. Test thoroughly and see if the problem is cleared up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try it the next time I get next to my computer. Also I tried with the plus and the object would stop at a certain point. Also I tried doing it to the top and bottom of the frame and it also breaks. I think it could be a Fusion bug or some sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to fix the problem by using an extension to work my baddies. Thank you