User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: e-Mail issues in Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e-Mail issues in Fusion?

Hi All,

I have a little app that i created for work - but i have been asked include a couple of email functions inside of it.

I had actually been asked a while ago, but after trying to get the email object working - i gave up after several attempts due to it not doing much. Using my works email settings, it connects but doesn't do anything else.

If i try to enter gmail server details, it doesn't appear to do anything (not even a connect).

has anyone got php scripts that have done the job for them? Or any advice regarding this would be appreciated.

thankyou.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone? =)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I never used that,
    but assuming that the object works correctly, you may have to setup it properly,
    I recently got a gmail webapp correctly sending messages with coldfusion, so maybe replicating this setup could help?

This is the cfcode, highly readable, for sending,
    note the gmail needed parameters, in particular "port" and "SSL" active:

<cfmail
    [...]
    server="smtp.gmail.com"
    username="xxxxxxxxxx"
    password="yyyyyyyyy"
    charset="utf-8"
    type="HTML"
    port="465"
    useSSL="yes"
    from="<#sender#>">

this works for SMTP sending,
    for receiving you should check gmail docs on pop/imap connections setup

If this is not helping, maybe I could test in the afternoon to see if the object works for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using the example that comes with the object.

If I try this in F2.5..

Start of Frama - POP3: Connect to server etc etc

I get F2.5 crashing with the following error edrt.exe is not responding.

Thing is, i purchased the dev version thinking email would work fine, and it never really has if i'm being honest.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok, I give up

I've tried with the example included,
    got server connect on gmail and work account,
    but none of them actually sent mail

Don't want to be too pessimistic but...
    there may be something broken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's defo broken. I think clickteam should maybe remove any mention of this object of the comparison page between F2.5 and F2.5 Dev until it works again.

edit: actually looks like it's not listed on the comparisons anymore anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend looking into some php scripts but there's a lot of fairly insecure ones out there, you definitely want to keep injection attempts in mind and also the fact that when you send data over the internet and it's not https secured, it's never private, there are always webhosting logs and risks of hacking.

If your work doesn't mind the risk having that information public then feel free to go down the php script route.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly the extension doesn't support secure SMTP. both ports 465 and 587 are secure SMTP connections. Also smtp.Gmail.com doesn't support a non-secure SMTP connection. From what I can tell they do have a non-secure SMTP server: aspmx.l.google.com. A alternative is to setup a SMTP relay at your end that forwards the email to Gmail via secure.

So that will be the sending side. For the receiving you'll need to use POP3/IMAP and from what I can tell Gmail offers no non-secure way to directly connect to this. Again you use a "middle man" in the form of a pop collector at you end (A server that collects the email via secure and redirects to a mailbox that allow non-secure connections). The secure ports for POP3 and IMAP are 995 and 993 respectively.

Of course a simpler way would be to use an email supplier that doesn't insist on secure connections. (Most email providers in america only allow secure connections).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, i tried using my works email details but we do use SSL. I could try the non ssl but not confident it will fix the issues.

edit: didnt appear to work, although it's possible port 25 is blocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news!

After messing around i have finally got this working =)

edit: although it has crashed occasionally...

Faulting application name: edrt.exe, version: 3.0.283.6, time stamp: 0x547827cd
    Faulting module name: email.mfx, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b0fb048
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003b1ca
    Faulting process id: 0x3630
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0834c52fa46e5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Data\Runtime\Unicode\edrt.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Extensions\email.mfx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast