User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: e-Mail issues in Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you able to provide the event lines or MFA example? I've found in the past that fast loops can cause issues with extensions so the crashing may be the way in which the email is being processed.

Also are you needing to send and/or receive email? I did make an example of processing an imap mailbox without using the email extensions a while back by using the winsock extension. You could also do similar with SMTP (by using SMTP commands).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill upload it in a few mins before i go home.

I'm only using it to send email.

It's a bit hit and miss though, sometimes it works and other times it just appears to get stuck on sending. (or crashes) but it would be great to great any opinions on improving it. It might be something to do with our server having too many messages sent in too short a period? im not sure. I have made a bug report anyway.

edit: here it is

(obviously i have changed the server details etc)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    great news
    so the only way is using non-ssl servers,
    or there is some other hidden trick to make it work anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i'm back at home - i have tried the gmail non -ssl and that is working fine. If i send the emails to my gmail account they get treated as spam though.

gmail (non ssl) server is aspmx.l.google.com

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that's useful info I'll store in the event of future use.

Nice to know it's still working.
    However, since SSL is widely used and the option was already available at the time of extension creation,
    It would be great if the object could be upgraded to work with modern SSL technology.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible that your company block outgoing SMTP connections from workstations. Which is quite a common practice as only the email server should be making outgoing SMTP connections. I guess the extension doesn't handle failures to connect very well. Resulting in a crash.

The email extension definitely needs an update. Support for SSL is pretty much standard now days. Like I said. You're less likely to find an American company that offers non-secure email connections. So as time goes on the extension becomes less and less useful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this been updated to support imap and ssl? if not any change in updating it?

Thanks

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm considering using this object as well. Should I invest my time in it, or just give up beforehand? ;-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some ISP's block sending smtp mail unless you use their SMTP Server. This was to help prevent "spam sending" programs and not knowing where it came from. Also, some limited the number of emails your program can send "per hour" from their servers. Again to block spam sending programs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have access to a webserver can you use a formmail script? This way php can do the email portion using ssl while your fusion app just has to load a web address in the background?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2