User Tag List

Thread: Can I make my app only avaliable on certain devices?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can I make my app only avaliable on certain devices?

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, I've never submitted an app to the App Store before and am confused about the submission process.

Does Apple allow you to chose the devices your app is compatible with during the submission process?
    My game performs unbearably slow on the iPhone 4, but runs great on the iPhone 5 & 6. Is there a way to prevent people with older devices from seeing my game in the App Store?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember asking the same thing a couple of years ago, when i encountered the same issue with my app. If I recall correctly, no there's no way for you to limit your app to say, only iPhone 5 and up. The best you can do, is put a message in the app's description stating something like "IMPORTANT - For use with iPhone 5 devices and later ONLY".

That's what I did. That way, if someone downloads your app and it doesn't perform well at all, you can't be blamed for selling a "broken" app, if you've clearly stated that it's designed and for the iPhone 5 devices and up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a shame. I feel like people may not see it and download a game that is pretty much unplayable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...ngYourApp.html

Setting the Deployment Target on this page is about limiting devices. It is my understanding that iphone 4s is the lowest device that can run on ios8, and does not run it well in general, so limiting to that may work for you.

I haven't actually published in ios yet myself though, so it's just based on what I have read. Hope this helps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Bubbles said, it is based on the iOS, not the device hardware. So you can only limit which iOS can run your app. But be aware that Apple controls which devices can download which iOS versions. You have no guarantee that Apple might change their mind. A friend of mine made a game for ipad 2 and above when he was told the ipad1 would never be able to use a specific iOS. Then just before he released, Apple decided to allow the ipad1 to use the iOS version. His game ran terribly on ipad1 and his app was flooded with bad reviews from ipad1 users. It basically tanked his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried this with Fusion, but I think you need to update the 'UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities' value in xocde.

You limit devices by limiting hardware capabilities (accelerometer, gyroscope, armv7 etc.).

You need to look up and compare what hardware your devices you wish to not support are missing, then add those as required hardware in 'UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities'

Check this for reference: https://developer.apple.com/library/...ityMatrix.html