Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grouping and Organizing Global Values

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grouping and Organizing Global Values

Hello everyone. I was wondering of there's any means, extension or otherwise, to be able to organize and group the global values and strings in your project? The way it seems to work now seems incredibly inconvenient for projects with a large amount of values to store.

I did find one extension, The Advanced Global Values Object by LB, but I think it's outdated, as I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Any ideas on how to pull this off, or possibly some more efficient means than global values?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this will help you, but one option might be to create some active objects, just so you can use their alt values. You may have one active for values regarding colors, another active for values related to power ups, and rename the active for the types of values you are storing in it. This was a trick i learned from Nivram to get around some alt value limits. Unfortunately, this will only work in a single frame afaik.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could build on rubes' suggestion by making the value-holders global objects (in the Runtime properties pane) - that way, they'll keep their values and strings between frames. If you have to deal with a lot of values that need to be kept between frames, consider keeping them in an array or associative array with those extensions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubes View Post
    Not sure if this will help you, but one option might be to create some active objects, just so you can use their alt values. You may have one active for values regarding colors, another active for values related to power ups, and rename the active for the types of values you are storing in it. This was a trick i learned from Nivram to get around some alt value limits. Unfortunately, this will only work in a single frame afaik.
    ^ This I do. I would make color boxes and put the name inside the animation frame along with the title of the object. If you make the object global I think it would work in as many frames you like as long as you have the object inside the frames you need it in, but not too sure if it works since I use one frame for my whole game engine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love the forum. I didn't know about Global Objects so me helping someone actually turned into someone helping me. Thanks DavidN and JHale

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alterable Values in global objects seem to do the trick. Unfortunately each one has a 26 value limit. But that's something I can live with. I also tried arrays, but I cannot for the life of me, figure out how they work.

JHale, I'm not sure what you mean by Color Boxes in Animation frames. Were you just referring to the graphical properties to tell them apart, or is there something I'm missing there?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I thought that in CTF2.5 the Alterable Values were unlimited. If I am wrong someone slap me very quickly (Jeff or Yves). Quickly I say.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengarde View Post
    Alterable Values in global objects seem to do the trick. Unfortunately each one has a 26 value limit. But that's something I can live with. I also tried arrays, but I cannot for the life of me, figure out how they work.

JHale, I'm not sure what you mean by Color Boxes in Animation frames. Were you just referring to the graphical properties to tell them apart, or is there something I'm missing there?
    I would create an active object. Open one of the animation frames and make it just fill the box with a color of your choosing. Then you use the text tool to add what the object does. (Example: Pause Menu Values) Afterwards you name the object the same as how you typed it in the animation frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    For some reason I thought that in CTF2.5 the Alterable Values were unlimited. If I am wrong someone slap me very quickly (Jeff or Yves). Quickly I say.

Marv
    Yes it's unlimited, but sometimes when we want to group values we use an active object to do that and make it global.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubes View Post
    Gotta love the forum. I didn't know about Global Objects so me helping someone actually turned into someone helping me. Thanks DavidN and JHale
    You're welcome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast