User Tag List

Thread: Problems with Onu and OGG + PMO and others using Windows 8.1 :(

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Onu and OGG + PMO and others using Windows 8.1 :(

Im having some verystrange things going on since upgrading my PC. I went from an HP G61 laptop from 2009 to an Acer Aspire from 2015 lol so it's a huge increase in all areas....except for 2.5 im afraid for some reason, Onu and Ogg does not work at all and the PMO actually shows up as a mangled looking picture on the story board. No biggie, since it functions, but with Onu i get some crazyness like this:

When i attempt to right click the event, 2.5 completely closes out, no save prompt. no anything any ideas as to why this may be happening? Anyone else experience similar problems?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onu is a fairly old extension as far as I know. It could be a compatibility issue in Windows 8.1 considering how old Onu is, and if it is then you probably shouldn't be using it anymore anyways, since it may mean that any games made with it don't work in Windows 8.1 either. Either that, or it's possible you're using the wrong version of it or something else like that. As for the platform movement object, well, that object works just fine for me and I use Windows 8.1, so I don't know what's going on with the issue you described. Probably can be fixed by editing the icon for it under the "About" tab under the object's properties.

Next off, uh, there's an OGG object? I'm pretty sure CF2.5 supports OGG files officially anyways, so, uhm, what's the point, unless OGG isn't referring to the file format in this case? Now, it's possible it has functionality that is useful, as I don't recall hearing about such an object existing before and therefore know pretty much nothing about it, and it's possible it doesn't have anything to do with OGG files like it sounds like it does, but, well, it doesn't sound like it's necessary if it does what I think it does.

Lastly, considering the PMO issue you described, combined with me not ever having any issues like that under normal circumstances, well, it's entirely possible that the file got semi-corrupted at some point, since I've encountered some very strange weirdness in the past with files that were seemingly corrupted to some extent. However, I find that less likely than Onu simply not being compatible with Windows 8.1 (maybe you could try making a new test MFA to see if it works in a fresh application/game?).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As happygreenfrog pointed out, something may have been corrupted in the process. You can copy your entire Fusion 2.5 program files directory over without needing to re-install extensions or upgrading builds.

Having said that, it could depend on the build you're using, if it's an older/newer one as your other computer, then that could explain why. I would think downgrading a MFA with an older build may cause a corruption. Likewise, there may have been some changes in newer builds that broke this object (unlikely from the sounds of things).

It could be the MFA. I've had something similar happening a long time ago to another object where a single mouse hover over a specific event would "quit" Fusion. Deleting the event using the arrow keys seems to have done the trick, but I might of reverted to an older MFA copy just to be safe.

If you do copy over your MFA from the old computer again and want to be sure it's not corrupted as it's transferred over, you can verify it's intact by performing a MD5 sum check. I've known an old portable hard drive to "corrupt" files by giving a different MD5 to the original.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PMO: redownload it from the extension manager perhaps.

ONU: make sure OnuEdit.dll is in the root folder of CF 2.5 as well as in Data\Runtime (and maybe also in Data\Runtime\Unicode). EDIT: hmm, forget that as CF 2.5 loads it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips guys These are all things i've tried already as well im afraid. HGF - what i was referring to with the OGG object should have been the OGG controller that is paired up with the Onu object. I used Onu over the built in sound setup because 1) it was easier for me to get the hang of lol and 2) because the sounds wouldn't be "embedded" in the data elements. But if it's out of date, it's out of date lol. As for the PMO, like i said it works, i just worry about it crashing on me. And i tried like you suggested Yves when i first installed 2.5 on my new PC and while it cleared up the appearance when adding the object, once its on screen i have some strange problems with trying to edit it, it's like i can click on it a million times and it's just selecting it. Right clicking and going to edit doesn't change this either. Maybe i should try the latest beta, im using the latest stable release, maybe it isn't jiving with my PC?