User Tag List

Thread: Adding a Pause Feature?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a Pause Feature?

How do I make it so a player can pause the game? I can see an 'end of pause' event. Where is the pause event? Control+P isn't acceptable (cool for those who can make use of it however)

I quite literally want; 'User presses a button; everything stops, (all timers, all music, all events, all movement, everything) user presses another button or even that same button; everything resumes from exactly where it was, going in the exact direction it was, at the exact speed it was, etc.

I've seen some 'tutorials' but they are waaaaay over the stop for what I need. It's all like 5 event group triggers running some sort of JRPG Menu system. I quite litterally need everything to stop. and then go from where it was stopped.

Is it pretty basic?

Noting in the event editor is jumping out at me as anything that would cause a pause. do I have to do it for every little thing? I'm probably just missing it. Every time I've thought things were complicated I found out later that I was just doing it in a strange and round-about way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, there's no automatic pause function other than the Ctrl+P one. However, you can make your own pretty easily. First, put all of the events you want to pause in a group. Give any object you want to be pausable an additional movement that's Static, and give them all a qualifier. Then, when the player presses the pause button, you can deactivate that group of events and set all objects with the qualifier to their Static movement. When you unpause just do the opposite.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can implement a very simple pause that is bound to any chosen key by doing the following, I am using the "P" key as my pause button:

Condition:
    + Mouse and Keyboard > The Keyboard > User presses a Key > Upon pressing "P"
    Event:
    - Storyboard controls > Pause and resume application when a key is pressed > Pause and resume application when "P" is pressed

Alternatively there is another event in the storyboard controls page which allows you to unpause with any key:

Condition:
    + Mouse and Keyboard > The Keyboard > User presses a Key > Upon pressing "P"
    Event:
    - Storyboard controls > Pause and resume application when any key is pressed

This is the most simple pause option, but does not allow you to have any menus that you can interact with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starfruity View Post
    Sadly, there's no automatic pause function other than the Ctrl+P one. However, you can make your own pretty easily. First, put all of the events you want to pause in a group. Give any object you want to be pausable an additional movement that's Static, and give them all a qualifier. Then, when the player presses the pause button, you can deactivate that group of events and set all objects with the qualifier to their Static movement. When you unpause just do the opposite.
    ^ This. An alternative to giving them an additional "Static" movement is to simply add a Movement>Stop (and Animation>Stop) action to the User Presses 'P' event. If you have any trouble with this I could make an example of the method I use.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starfruity View Post
    I'll give this a shot. Seems to be the most viable. Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a Pause Feature?

Or you can always use the sub-application object in a new frame, select the frame you want to use, toggle a flag for the pause and there you have it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ "You'll have to offload a bunch of the internal variables (speed, state of animation, etc.) before you pause the game or else you won't be able to resume it in the exact state it was in before."

Stop Movement / Start Movement works for me. It retains the internal movement values.