User Tag List

Thread: load a frame into an empty animation sequence

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

load a frame into an empty animation sequence

Hi, I need some help.
    I am trying to load do a bunch of things during runtime and fusion does not seem to be cooperating with me!

Basically I am trying to load a frame (external image) into an animation sequence that is empty. Also load it into a frame that does not exist.

Active Objects:
    1. how do I populate empty animation sequences with frames during run time?
    2. how do I create new frames to load external images into during runtime?

Load frame does not work if the frame or animation sequence that I am loading into does not exist! (I wish the action created it automatically when it doesnt exist)

I notice that if I create frames in the editor, they load just fine. But for my code to work well, I need to create them during runtime!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You spotted right (at least, to my testing): load frame only works if overwriting existing animations/frames.

Isn't it suitable for you to create "placeholder" objects with predetermined token frames to load others upon them?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not

This enforces a lmitation on my app - of maximum possible image holders (I have to create new animation sequences) and maximum possible images loaded into the holders (I have to create new frames for each animation sequence )

This does not scale up well for my project at all!
    Is there some sort of a hacky way to achieve this in runtime?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mmmm, I see... if you want theoretically infinite animation numbers/frames...
    although -even not knowing your project- It's hard to imagine a huge 100 anims x 100 frames monster not being enough for everything
    (aside from killing your application, maybe... never tested such a crowded active!)

Mmmm... other idea... is it strictly necessary for your items to be active objects?
    You could have more flexibility (from the loading-image point of view) with active pictures
    but pulling out animations -if this is the case- from an active picture may be a daunting task

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunatelly the active picture object does not work with the surface object, which I am currently using to export the composited images with alpha.

I guess I have to manually create the frames and then animations

Then introduce a max number of items variable to stop this bug from occuring in extreme cases

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the sense that it doesn't retain alpha channel on the surface?
    (Is it addressed in that huge thread hanging around about alpha's I didn't check ?)

I ask because usually you can feed to the surface just about everything, in a way or another..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunatelly blitting active objects does NOT work with active picture objects - for the surface object.
    The only way to get an alpha image out of clickteam fusion is via the surface object.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think I don't get the point
    sorry if this is the case

Quick example:
    blue.png
    red.png
    active_pic_to_alpha.mfa
    (save all files to a single path, launch mfa, move objects around, click "save png", check for output.png with alpha)

Maybe it's not this what you needed?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already tried doing what you have in your example

The verdict is that when you do it that way, you get a very very ugly outline in the exported result. Try using pictures with alpha that have antialiasing

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mmmm... yes and no...
    if you don't take adequate countermeasures

The above example was only a quick test with "flat" transparency,
    but surface is fully capable on alpha channels which provide full-range transparency,
    and so loading a png ---> from an active picture's loaded png (that would just serve as an handy visual interface)
    would do the trick.
    Always assuming that you've starting "alpha" pngs,
    and make sure you've enabled "blit alpha composition" on the surface object.

Check this "enhanced" example:

alpha_blue.png
    alpha_red.png
    save_with_alpha.mfa

As before:
    save everything in the same path, launch, move around "alpha" pics, click button to save
    "out_alpha.png" and check full smooth alpha transparency