User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Spryke - hardcore new-school platformer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Volnaiskra, I actually tried to use .gif here one day but couldn't get it to work. I'll try again! :>

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also just hit the image button in the post editor, then choose "from url" and uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm having a kickstarter campaign in less than a week. So much prep to do! Here's a snapshot of my Asana "Kickstarter Prep" project. Gulp.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! I hope you go all the way! (But if you dont remember that it's not the end all be all)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for me it kind of is

I took a big risk by devoting the past 2 years of my life, and much of our life savings, to get Spryke this far. So if the kickstarter doesn't work, it'll be pretty rough. :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely don't have the nuts to risk my life savings on any game projects right now. My hat's off to you, Volnaiskra!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Del_Duio! It'll probably turn out to be the best decision I ever made in my life... or the worst .

No, not really. No matter what happens, I don't think I'll regret doing it. I've felt more fulfilled in the past 2 years than I ever did in my previous jobs, despite the financial stress.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're an inspiration Volnaiskra ^_^ I often use living in Australia as my excuse for not quitting my job and committing to a full time project.. Australia is an expensive place to live, so I hope it all goes well for you. But even if it doesn't, it's kind of like travel, spending your time and money creating something like this is something you won't regret when you look back on your life!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you didnt try you would live your life full of regret, wishing you all luck!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly right, guys. I would have regretted not trying.

A few years ago, I was in a very 'dangerous' place: a job at a good employer, with nice people, with work that was easy enough, but uninteresting. To be honest, I kind of hated the work, but I liked the environment. It was easy, and I spent 5 years there. And that very easily could have turned into 25 years, because there just wasn't any strong incentive to leave - the pros seemed to outweigh the cons.

But then on a whim I picked up Clickteam Fusion on a Steam sale and started making a game as a hobby. I LOVED it, and I felt creatively energised like I hadn't in years. I had a baby daughter around then, and it dawned on me that however I chose to live my life would become a model and a blueprint for her. So if I took the boring but safe option of staying in an easy job that I kind of hated, I would be teaching her to settle for whatever life happens to throw at her. So I decided that I would instead teach her, by example, that if you combine your dreams with enough hard work and passion, you can create your own future. At this stage, Spryke is practically her sibling, lol.

DaveC, sorry for bursting your excuse, since Melbourne is even more expensive than Perth!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast