User Tag List

Thread: Cannot compile app since installing 'Get Device' extension

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Cannot compile app since installing 'Get Device' extension

Hi, I recently installed the iOS Get Device extension and implemented it into my game.
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/70953-iOS-Get-Device

When I tried to build the app in Xcode and testing it on my device I was presented with an error:
    "Cannot initialize a variable type of 'char*' with an rvalue of type 'void*'

Since then, I deleted the events associated with the extension and deleted it from the frame, but the error still remains every time I try to build the app in XCode.

Please tell me this extension hasn't permanently ruined my game? My last backup copy was a while ago now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so it turns out this extension has not only has this ruined my latest build but it has ruined EVERY build, I'm recompiling from an old .mfa file before I ever tried to use the extension and for some reason Xcode is STILL showing the same error?!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you build an application in "iOS Xcode Project" mode, it adds the source code of all the installed extensions to the Xcode project (this allows you later to simply rebuild the Application.cci file even if you add new extensions to your app). That's why you get the error even if the extension is not used in your app anymore.

This doesn't happen if you build in "iOS final Xcode project" mode (it includes only the extensions you use).

If you want to avoid the issue in any mode, you have to delete the .ext of the extension in the Data/Runtime/iPhone folder.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds strange... Here are some things that I can think of that MIGHT be an issue.

- Make sure you set the build type to iOS Xcode Project or iOS final XCode project and not only iOS Application.
    - Make sure to clean the build folder on your mac. Press Command-Option-Shift-K in Xcode.
    - If you have ever used the Chartboost extension in any projects, make sure to include the Chartboost API in your current project.
    - Make sure you are running the latest version of Apple OS and Xcode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, seems to be working now. Does anyone know a reliable method of detecting the type of device a player is using?