User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Randomly Generated Platformer ala "Spelunky" in MMF2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting an Internet Explorer can't display the webpage error but it might just be this computer I'll have to try it later

Oh here's a screenshot of what I've been able to do w/ the random DOOHICKEY. Mind you, most of the game is using pre-built missions which work better. I want to have a side are you can access to train and build levels (and get extra loot) in, and thought having a random dungeon would be the best way to do it.

EDIT: I can also place barrels, jars, and the occasional chest. Those are no problem, it's just getting stuck by ledges being too high and proper ladder placement that's the stickler at the moment.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And finally, when you combine the two of them...

I've attached the file here instead this time.
    btw: Internet Explorer sucks. Try Opera or Chrome.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, that's impressive thank you I'll check this out later for sure.

Remember if you ever change your mind on a team project I could sure use somebody with your skills for this special randomized training area for sure. You already helped with great feedback on the look and other things about this game and for that I didn't forget, buddy!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But don't do it for me, think of this poor bastard:

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I looked at MM's example and it's way above my head. Not like I'm a total dummy or anything it's just very different than the coding I usually do, so I'm going to try and make something that will work for me and see what happens. I do appreciate him taking the time to make it and I'm sure most of you guys will 'get' it and not be like me

In case anybody reads this in the future, this is what I'm doing w/ appropriate screenshots when available.

I was able to figure out how to add ladders and it really helps. It doesn't completely negate the chances for the guy to get "stuck" by not being able to jump out yet but I'm working on that. I went back and attempted a rough "solution path" which seems to help a lot but it's not 100% accurate (yet).

So after placing all the dirt tiles- yet before drawing the grass / dirt edges- I'm checking to see if there's space for 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 stage ladders (each stage = 16 pixels high). So first thing it does is checks if (x,y) = 0 for an empty spot, and then if (x,y+1) = dirt for it to be grounded, then (x,y-1) and (x,y-2) = 0 for the ladder's space, then if (x-1,y) = dirt so the ladder will actually lead somewhere and not be this stupid floating ladder, and then lastly if (x,y-3) = 0 to make sure there's a spot at the top of the ladder to climb out of.

This is slightly randomized a bit so I won't have a zillion ladders. If there is, I'm filling the top point of the ladder with the stage # (ex array (X,Y) = 3 would be a 3 stage ladder) and the rest of the ladder steps with a 9. Then later using more fast loops if the array = 3 it'll create a 3 stage ladder at that spot and it works.

I put randomized barrels, jars, and chests in there with low probability for each in addition to crafting / upgrade materials and misc money too. Just working on enemy placement (ants, for now) but as you can see I have more to do with those LOL.

Here's 3 screenshots, one with the magical floating ant of floaty-ness.

Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Del_Duio, for a good example of the way Spelunky randomly generates it's levels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqk5Zf0tw3o

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4