User Tag List

Thread: Cross saving game between platforms (iOS / Android)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross saving game between platforms (iOS / Android)

Hello again my friends,

I saw that a lot of games are using the "Login on Facebook" inside the game to save game progress...and if you do this login on iOS or Android, when you run this game on another platform (iOS or Android), you can load you game progress.

Someone kows how to do this? I have a game with progress and I want that players can save the game and if he change her devices, be possible to load her progress.

If is not possible to use Facebook.....so, how to do this using Game Center or Play Games (in dev progress by Fernando)?

thanks, sorry for the bad english,

Best regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you were to use the iOS Game Center or Google Play Games, then progress would only be saved to those platforms only. Facebook... I have no clue if it's possible.

To achieve cross-platform saving between platforms, your best bet would be to set up a web server script where users can login and save/load their game progress. You might be able to manipulate the Hi-Score PHP tutorial by Jeff to suit your needs. I would of recommended Lacewing to simplify the process, but unfortunately, there is no port for iOS.

I haven't experimented with this myself, so this is just a pointer in the PHP direction if you want to build a cross-platform method to save progress.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks friend. I know how to Save score and achievements using gamecenter. But I havê no idea how to save game progress using gamecenter extension. Do you know? I'm using array.