User Tag List

Thread: Problem with PMO and horizontal moving platform: please help, I'm going crazy...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with PMO and horizontal moving platform: please help, I'm going crazy...

Hi,
    I'm using PMO for moving platforms.

As you can see in the attached file (it's the same exact example which comes with PMO, just a little bit simplified), when the player is on the moving platform everything is alright and his additional X velocity is treated correctly.
    BUT, in the exact moment when the moving platform hits one of the lateral 'stoppers' to change direction, the player is slightly pushed ahead or behind.

It dosn't look professional at all and I don't want to leave this way; I tried everything but I cannot manage to fix it.

Any idea or suggestions to fix it?

Thank you
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can'try say off the top of my head exactly how to fix this, I have encountered and solved that problem before though.

Try experimenting with updating the x position of your sprite relative to the moving platform in many different parts of the game loop (beginning, end, whenever the moving platform moves etc.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave. I spent hours to try to fix the issue, even tried to keep track X position of player relative to the platform... Then I decided I was overthinking.

I rewrote the entire thing from scratch (with a different approach from the original PMO example) and I managed to make it work.

Here attached the working version, should it be useful to someone with the same problem.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sparckman, I decided on purpose not to use physics object for this game but I appreciate your help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woa --Your example works preaty good -

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another example. Has a solid and non-solid horizontal and a vertical.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2fzvyogzc...ample.mfa?dl=0