User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 Fusion 2.5 Compatibility

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows 10 Fusion 2.5 Compatibility

Don't know if you all saw it, but now there should be a little icon in your taskbar for upgrading to Windows 10 when it is released on July 29! Very exciting. I won't be upgrading immediately as I want to be sure there are no compatibility problems with my various softwares before I do (Fusion, Adobe CS6, Unity 4, etc.), I'm just curious if anyone is running the Preview yet, and if they've noticed any compatibility issues with Winten?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed this too today morning but I won't upgrade at all until Win7 is suspended like WinXP is.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dsilvers, I think we'll have a bigger problem to worry about if CF2.5 isn't compatible with Windows 10, mainly the fact that if CF2.5 itself doesn't work, how likely is it that the games made with it will?

Gustav, keep in mind that, from my understanding, the upgrade will be available for free as long as you get it soon enough (the day it's released through the year after it's released, any time after that it supposedly will no longer be a free upgrade).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I won't just upgrade because it's free.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck, I will, but I'll be waiting for the big stability updates. I figure January would be a good time.

As for whether or not the games will work, I feel like that may not be a huge issue due to the fact that Fusion compiles its games into C++ executables, very very standard for Windows. I do think we'll need to keep an eye out for if games need to be run in compatibility mode, but the fact that HWA executables run under modern DirectX drivers already should help in that regard. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we're safe there, and Fusion 2.5 will probably run just fine in Winten, but it'd be nice to be sure of both.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a year should be enough time to decide if there's any reason to not upgrade. I guess it really depends on how good Windows 10 really is (E.G. if it's truly better than Windows 7 in literally every way, which it might or might not be)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... ATM I have no problems with Win7. We will see what the future brings...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt they'll be compatibility issues with Fusion 2.5 as a whole, I haven't read of any major changes in Windows 10 that will "break" things. Thank goodness Fusion doesn't depend on the .NET Framework either.

Clickteam's products in my opinion are well built that even the ancient ones will still work today. I would make a bet The Games Factory 1 will work just fine today if I tried.

If there is a problem, I'd say it's more likely to be a handful of extensions, particularly really old ones that have gone unoptimised.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm that's even the case today though. I hear joystick2 doesn't do rumble anymore, and I haven't gotten that and/or force feedback to work in my latest game either. Kinda sad. The other joystick/joypad extensions cause SERIOUS slowdown so joystick2 is the only one I can use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funnily enough I heard a mention about Joystick2 the other day. (Might relate to this thread) It could be a compatibility issue with CF2.5 than the operating system, and the extension might need a manual update being originally a MMF2 one. I haven't used that object since MMF2 to know for sure though.

If re-updating it from the Extension Manager doesn't solve it (quite a few have changed without much notice), it sounds more like a DirectX issue, in which I'll point at Redmond to thank for causing this inconvenience. Re-installing DirectX 9 might help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast