User Tag List

Thread: Music seems to be slowed downed in MMF2

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Music seems to be slowed downed in MMF2

I cannot put music in my games anymore, it is that bad.

I put this song in my game, you know, playing across all frames. But everytime I seem to test this, every time I do whatever possible to fix it, I cannot seem to get the music to play at normal speed. And the thing is I was just fine a little while ago with another game I was working on, but now I seemly can't do this without making my game feel bogged down.

Solutions tried - Increasing/decreasing frame-rate
    not looping sample
    turning off programs I don't need (on desktop)

So what the hell do I do now?

EDIT: I have also tried turning off compression on all levels (don't compress sounds, don't compress application)

I have also tried building and running to see if that would make a difference. It didn't.

EDIT 2 - THE EDITING:

I have tried not putting the sound in global events and putting it in the frame itself, it sounds... better. but now that means I can't play music over frames. The **** clickteam?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say it's slowed down, I presume you mean the tempo is slower than it should.

It could be the format of your sample you are using, you didn't specify if it's a WAV, OGG, etc. Try converting it to a different format (I recommend OGG Vorbis) and see if things improve. I've known a large WAV file to have problems looping (silence in between) in the past.

You say it was working fine before, have you done anything that could have caused this (ie. update driver, update MMF2)?

Some other suggestions to try:
    - Opening Data Elements and changing the sample's playback (Preload, On call, Direct from disk)
    - Playing as a "sample file" (as opposed to it being embedded in the application)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try converting my WAV file (sorry for just now mentioning it) to an OGG file (i hate OGG format though), I'll edit when I'm back.

edit 1 - I did nothing. just start a new project.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to give OGG credit where it's due: OGG files can be really small, especially when compared to WAV files, which is a huge advantage if you have, say, 1,000 sound files (which, if your game has voice acting and is dialogue-heavy, could technically actually happen).

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand when you say that music won't play over frames when you don't put it in global events. I never have music played from global events. always from frames and they don't stop playing when you change the frame.