User Tag List

Thread: Set master volume of sound output

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set master volume of sound output

I just want to be able to set the master volume of the output of the soundcard.

I thought it could be possible with the volume object, but the set master volume option doesn't seem to work..

or does it need any preparations to start working?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's a good idea to set the master volume for a game/application... If anything, make an internal volume option that modifies the volume of the sounds played, as modifying the master volume can be really irritating to users who don't understand why it's being changed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an options screen that controls the Sound Volume and Music Volume individually (music on Channel 1, sounds on Channel 2 and up). It can be set anywhere from 0-4 (0 being mute), and that value is then multiplied by 12.5 to bring each volume setting up to a maximum of 50. I then have my master volume set to 50, because I'm not a jerk who wants to blow out his players' eardrums.

It works really really nicely, and there's enough variance between each volume setting to make it feel purposeful and not have to micromanage the settings all the time. In game volume settings are about the relationship between sound effects and music, not specifically their decibel level. Leave that to the system volume settings, or volume knobs, rockers, and buttons on speakers/headphones.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get it to work with the master volume? Mine's doesn't changes anything.. (test with and without soundcard)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set the Master Volume at the start of the frame, then the others are controlled via global events checking an INI setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to not work for me. May it be possible, that the volume object doesn't support my soundcard?