User Tag List

Thread: [WIP] Mondrian - A 360 degree blockbreaking look at videogame art history

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WIP] Mondrian - A 360 degree blockbreaking look at videogame art history

Mondrian is a little game I've been picking at for... going on seven weeks. It started as a Breakout clone, but having used Fusion for several years now, I achieved that in five minutes and took it to a whole other level. The game now focuses on procedural generation in color, level layout, and item selection, and I have calculated the game to have well over 40,000,000 possible level generation combinations (currently). It also has a really nice Options menu with game speed, screenshake, camera, volume, and windowed resolution options. I'll be adding in a Museum section with some nice examples of concept art and screenshots, like a mini art museum for gaming, and I've been attempting to get Steam-based artpacks working for a while now (they work, but slow the game down a lot).

I'm shopping the game around this week, expect it to launch in July!

mondrianGif1.jpgmondriangif3.jpgmondrianGif2.jpgmondriangif4.jpgmondriangif5.jpg

Edit: Boo the gifs don't work. Go see 'em in action over at my Twitter! www.twitter.com/shadesofsilver

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Clickers! I have opened up testing for the current, closing-in-on-complete version of Mondrian. This version has everything unlocked for full testing, so apologies for it being potentially intimidating! If you fall into that camp, I recommend slowing the game speed down in the Options. The final game works on steadily unlocking everything.

Go here to grab a key: https://dodistribute.com/access/VZTqNhTDUa/

Things I'm looking for in particular:
    • Are embedded fonts working? (Options screen should look like this: vlambeerSettings.jpg)
    • Does the main menu show up at start? (If not, it's a problem with Ultimate Fullscreen, and in the meantime you can force the game into windowed mode by opening mondriansettings in notepad and setting fullscreen=1)
    • Any other performance issues, comments, or glaring bugs.

You can leave feedback here or on this google survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DNu...wAkcE/viewform

Thank you!