User Tag List

Thread: Steam Cloud Save anyone?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Steam Cloud Save anyone?

I am thinking of adding Steam Cloud save support for my game, have anyone done it before and is it hard to do?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done steam cloud save specifically but the Steamworks object itself looks like it works very similarly to the INI object, so if you know how to save position and stats with that, you should be able to make it work in Steamworks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't built anything for Steam, but I do have the SteamWorks extension (as dsilvers pointed out) and it does indeed have the features to Cloud Save.

From what I can tell from the examples (no help documentation?!), it's a bit similar to the File object, by looping through files and performing actions on them. Essentially, your game's existing save data system is copied from/to Steam's cloud by events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the example for it but it is really confusing, a lot of frames and a lot of events, and you don't even know what is important or not.
    I really wish there was some kind of video section for objects with tutorials to describe and follow how to use objects. Like DavidN:s video tutorial for steam for example. His video made something that could have been potentially hairpulling tedious and frustrating to something super smooth and easy.
    I wish it was standard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojYUgxUq3A