User Tag List

Thread: Problem with unicode in arrays since latest update?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with unicode in arrays since latest update?

If anybody could test this for me and help identify the problem as soon as possible, I'd appreciate it. The reason for the question mark is that I don't know exactly what the source of this is. In one of my apps, data is loaded through an array, which is treated as a common spreadsheet. In one place Japanese kanji (symbols) is displayed. There used to be no problem with this at all. When I type the kanji in a string and run, it displays that okay. It's just the array that it now has a problem with. Here's a screenshot of the problem:

Looking at the garbled text, one would assume it's being interpreted as ASCII or something, not unicode. This is the kanji that should be displayed: 焼く
    Could somebody try having that kanji load in the latest version of Fusion through an array? By the way, I have the Steam version. Keep in mind, I did not have this problem before and that symbol displayed correctly. It has only become apparent since Fusion auto-updated to the newest version. I'd submit this to the Bug Box, but I just want a better idea of the cause of this (and whether it can be reproduced by others) first.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perry has checked this for me. The characters don't display correctly for him either. But if you want to confirm the bug, it's a simple check. Get this tiny array file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/17aa3pqnbwgfk6n/test.arr?dl=0
    Load it into Fusion, have a string change its alterable string to the 0,0 of that array. It used to display Japanese kanji. Now it displays that garbled text. I can't compare this with an old version, but if you can, please do. I'm nearly sure this is a new bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,hello.
    I've checked test.arr and the result was garbled characters.(CF25 Build R284.8)
    But your .arr file is old CNC Arrays? This "test.arr" file header was "CNC Arrays", this is not a CF25's "MFU ARRAY " header.
    test.arr's JP characters is NOT garbled in arr file and the characters had saved as UTF-8. It is a fine.

My sample attached here.
    test.zip
    It is not any garbled and "jp.arr" file was saved on CF25.
    Clipboard01.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello prester. Thanks for your help. I know what you mean, but that is not an option for me. The data in my app is created with Microsoft Excel. The database is then stored as an XML spreadsheet.
    This XML spreadsheet is loaded into this program: http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=8360
    It converts XML spreadsheets to MMF2's ARR format. This is why you saw the old CNC header. Although the old array format would seem like the reason why this isn't working, keep in mind that I had no problems at all before this new CF2.5 version. It all worked perfectly, and creating a database in Excel is the only option for me since Clickteam does not provide any utility for creating databases. This is a section of my spreadsheet in MS Excel.

You can take a look for yourself at these screenshots of my app, with the text in each screenshot loaded from an old format ARR file: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...games.jthegame
    I wonder if the new CF2.5 version breaks compatibility with old array formats, but this is strange because English text still loads okay from the array. My version of CF2.5 is 284.10.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >English text still loads okay from the array
    It is because on latest CF25 the Old header array file is treating the string as code of "iso-8859-1". (I've checked garbled.)
    Old CNC and MMF2 was not supported unicode on standard features.
    Probably this is a simple bug or was changed the Specification of Arrays.
    There is a easy way, if you want to convert your database files to the arrays of CF25.

1: save your database as CSV format (comma separated)
    2: Create a new 2d arrays you can using the latest String tokenizer (Unicode support version or my extension "GArR" is supports).
    3: Create new CF25 arrays using String Tokenizer's 2D array.
    4: Save as CF25 Arrays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created a simple extension. It may be useful to create new array files.
    This extension is able to convert the garbled characters to the correct string type on CF25.
    ConvertStringType.zip

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much, prester. I will give this a try as soon as I can and let you know the results. I appreciate it.