User Tag List

Thread: iAD issue with Build 284.10 & Fix

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iAD issue with Build 284.10 & Fix

By default Display Mode in the Runtime Options is normally set to Direct3D.
    Never had an issue in the past with iAd; however, with Build 284.10 iADs do not work unless Display Mode is set to Standard.

Is this normal or is this a bug?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's new to me, and it seems to work fine for me.
    Sometimes it takes 1-2 days before iads are shown through Apple, since another department also checks the program after it has been released.
    I just checked mine, and I have my games set to Normal.. So I am not much help in this case for the Direct3D part.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I know Apple has a review process for iAds before they become active in the game;however, if you switch to Direct3D. You will no longer see the test ads in your Windows runtime. And when submitted to apple they declined game because they said they were unable to find the iAds. So I had to switch display type to Normal, and then iAds start working again, and resubmit to apple.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting,,
    I have to take a look at all my other old games. Guess I never realized that.
    Most of the games I made are indeed all set to Standard, but I do have 1 game with Direct9 and that one works. (but was compiled a long time ago)

You might want to report that one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory when building for the IOS exporter, the Direct 3D isn't the default setting because of this issue. I could be wrong yet I'm sure this issue has been around for a while even before this build.