User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could you check how this .exe displays on your monitor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Could you check how this .exe displays on your monitor?

Hey guys!

I have a shader to correct aspect ratio if your resolution differs from 1920x1080. I have two monitors myself, one is 1920x1080 and it works fine here. Another one is 1280x1024 and both my examples works fine. Though I'm still curious with some of the stuff like "keep screen ratio", see: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/92616-Confused-about-quot-keep-screen-ratio-quot-and-quot-tolerance-quot

Anyways, I'm afraid to send out the playable demo unless I know for sure my code works correctly. So, if you have a monitor that is different than 1920x1080, could you please check out these examples and report back? How did those appear on your monitor, your screen resolution and maybe aspect of your monitor? Every little helps!

EDIT: Also 1920x1080 users, if you have AERO theme on, it might not center correctly. Could you check?
    It does not center correctly for me, but if I alt+tab to windows and back it then centers. Wtf!

It should appear like this:

Full HD (Resolution would match):
    example_02.jpg

On my secondary monitor: (1280x1024, aspect corrected)
    example_01.jpg

Two versions, on has "Keep screen ratio" ticked and the other not.
    keep_screen_ratio_false.zip
    keep_screen_ratio_true.zip

Thank you Clickers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jesse,
    My resolution is 2560x1440.

When I try to open *both* applications you provided, the screen flashes black and after about one second what I see is a white rectangle on the top-left side of the screen. ALT + tab has no effect.

square.jpg

I have to say that I had the same exact problem with some other applications made with mmf2/f2.5 (not every applications, just some of them). If other people suffer the same issue, it's probably a bug to be fixed by Clickteam.

Fabrizio

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi faber!

Thank you very much for testing, as I said every bit helps. Now I know it does not work properly with 2560x1440, I will need to check my code and see if it's to blame or if there is a bug with Fusion.
    I really hope it's my code, I just can't afford to wait for another fix. Meanwhile I'd appreciate if other people could test too!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh yeah I can test by creating virtual resolution, and using windowed instead of fullscreen. To test the scaling code at least, and there is something wrong with it when the resolution is higher than 1920x1080.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here are my test results from your .exes
    (hope you are not already borrowing from my bank account )

-keep ratio true
    true.jpg

-keep ratio false
    false.jpg

on a 1440x900 monitor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you schrodinger!

I think I now know where the problem lies, I will upload another .exe once I fix it.
    What confused me is that I did the testing with my 5:4 monitor, and of course 16:9 images will distort so my code was a bit funny. Anyways, I think I got it now, thanks guys!

Oh yeah I thought the topic sounds suspicious to say the least! Don't worry, with my coding skills it could never happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I updated my code.

It should keep the aspect 16:9 no matter of your screen aspect. Say you view it on 4:3 monitor, it should still appear exactly like it would on 16:9 monitor. Well, adding bigger borders of course.

Could you guys give it another go? I miss your bank accoun... no wait!

Here is the updated versions, fullscreen and windowed: screen_ratio_windowed.zip and screen_ratio_fullscreen.zip

Thanks guys, this is really important for me and I can appreciate this!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok Jesse, did the testing again,
    plese leave up some bucks for the HTML5 exporter

I'm on a different monitor now,
    so (since it's natively 16:9) I tought could be a good idea to make two series of tests, on two different res.

Here are the results:

1440x900 windowed - seems ok
    windowed_1440x900.jpg

1440x900 fullscreen - moderately bad news
    fullscreen_1440x900.jpg
    >> notice left-displacement with right-only vertical bar

1600x900 windowed - seems ok
    windowed1600x900.jpg

1600x900 fullscreen - bad news
    fullscreen_1600x900.jpg
    >> the screen was black, my monitor suggested in a popup white tag to switch to a different resolution/Hz, but that's exacty the one I was using
    print-screen output was this image - without the above text I added for reference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks schrodinger!

It seems to correct the aspect correctly this time around, which is great. Windowed seems to work just fine, but fullscreen does not, obviously.

It looks very similar to what happened when faber tried the older version. It works for me and my secondary monitor on fullscreen. I wonder what is happening here.

What Windows do you have? And do you have Aero based theme on? Could you try right clicking -> properties -> disable desktop composition.

It seems I still can't send out the demo after all, but hey that's cool.

EDIT: Maybe "Keep screen ratio" affects it? I disabled it: screen_ratio_fullscreen_02.zip
    I'd appreciate if you could give this a go, I'm getting a bit desperate with this.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Jesse, no problem and happy to help

I'm on Windows7
    aero is defaulted to ON,
    I've tried disabling desktop composition,
    and almost all of other options/combinations from that tab,
    but keep getting the same result (black screen with notice to change resolution/frequency) on your last file.
    No clue of what could be going on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks schrodinger! Let me know if you ever need some testing, I'd be happy to help!

I believe it's problem with Fusion then. I've been stuck with these screen problems for a long, long time. Truly hope CT solves this once for all soon.
    A brilliant way to kill the creation. Argh, I think I just need to forget about the playable demo and blindly trust that CT will fix these problems and try to keep developing.

Hope to hear something from CT about this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast