User Tag List

Thread: iOS TTS extension?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS TTS extension?

Is anyone out there working on a TTS (text to speech) extension for iOS? I know there are various tools to be used, and possibly ported to the MMF infrastructure, but as of now it seems there are no options for us. Perhaps there's some sort of HTML 5 version that can work across platforms? I really don't know a ton about this but make good functionality such an extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS TTS extension?

If anyone is interested, let me know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS TTS extension?

I'd happily pay for such an extension, either relying on the built in TTS updates since iOS8 or third party SDKs. I could make such good use of such an extension!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ratty I could put this together for you formally in about 3 hours but it's easier to get people to produce these things if you let them know exactly the amount you'd pay them.

You can also do this with a work-around by basically using an existing extension that you're not using. For example the Get Object which is used to get data via HTTP: since it allows you to set a string property so you override what Xcode normally does to do TTS. The steps are simple:

1. Add the Get Object to your frame where you want to play audio
    2. Any time you want to do TTS call the GET URL method on the object with the string
    3. Generate a Full iOS Application
    4. Go to Classes->Extensions->CRunGet.h and add the following import #import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>
    5. Go to Classes->Extensions->CRunGet.m and change the code for -(void)getURLNSString*)url to this:

-(void)getURLNSString*)url
    {
    AVSpeechSynthesizer *synthesizer = [[AVSpeechSynthesizer alloc]init];
    AVSpeechUtterance *utterance = [[AVSpeechUtterance alloc]initWithString:url];
    AVSpeechSynthesisVoice *voice = [AVSpeechSynthesisVoice voiceWithLanguage:@"en-GB"];

// all these values are optional
    utterance.rate = 0.2f;
    utterance.pitchMultiplier = 0.8f;
    utterance.voice = voice;

[synthesizer speakUtterance:utterance];
    }

You can mess around with the rate, pitch and voice language. But in short ... this works. Make sure you target 7.1 and higher for your project.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS TTS extension?

I'll certainly take a look at this but it may be beyond my capabilities. Thanks so much for posting. I appreciate it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be very cool. Same here: would be a fix-buy if i see it in the click store!