User Tag List

Thread: Pixel-perfect collision test for puzzle/brick games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pixel-perfect collision test for puzzle/brick games

Hi! I'm having a bit of trouble besides AGBO (which I wrote in another thread). This one is related to the collision boxes of active objects.

I can't get the hitbox on my test project to work properly, the objects end up overlapping each other when using "collides with", or stop 1px below the frame when using "leaves the play area".

I tried using Pinball Movement, Bouncing Ball and the Physics engine to test collisions, but my collisions fail. The test with Physics ends up with the best results, but all bricks overlap each other a bit.

The expectes result would have all bricks "snapping" to the grid after the collision (well, just end up in the proper place actually ).

Maybe I'm missing something or doing something wrong?

If anyone can help me, Thanks! If not, also Thanks!

Will keep trying to work it out here

Thanks if you read this! :P
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click the bricks to destroy them.

I tried to comment the code as much as possible, but it may be a little confusing. Feel free to ask if you have any questions .

hitbox-test.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa! Thanks for the quick reply, the solution and comments, they're not confusing at all! Also, works beautifully in HTML!

Will study this a bit more, using more tile types and mix it with some AGBO.

Trying to properly finish this idea that I've been dragging since Jan/2014 (tried lots of 2d engines and never properly finished, even prototypes).

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one more question, if possible. This overlapping issue is normal from CF's built-in engine? So I'll have to code collisions every time I want some precision, like this?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would something like this: Block Game (WIP) be sort of what you are trying to accomplish?
    (this link is to a flash version...wait for it to load)

This uses the Easing Object for the movement of the objects (No AGBO in this WIP engine)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, exactly like that, but with a faster drop rate.

Thanks for showing this nice example!

I'm looking at all examples and the one @GamesterX23 wrote to cook my own version.

This project I started in GM:Studio, then moved to coding in Haxe/OpenFl (because of porting issues). The last Haxe version (flash port) I wrote is here: Puzzle-Test.

But, since OpenFL still has some troubles with different ports (HTML5 wasn't working quite well, Android port was crashing too much), I thought that solving those problems would drag development a bit more (and I want to get "rid" of this idea quickly, to start the next ones).

Fusion 2.5 looks like the best place to prototype, build and properly finish this idea.