User Tag List

Thread: Kickstarter In game digital rewards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kickstarter In game digital rewards

If I were to offer certain in-game digital bonus rewards for backing the kickstarter with more money, would I be able to give players those rewards? Or how would I do so? Example: Spend $20 get the game plus the legendary sword of doom exclusive kickstarter item. How would I give that item to certain people?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You need to code in some sort of system where people can unlock the bonus items.
    Do you have a system already where people can purchase additional items?

Clicker The Games Factory 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you could create a frame with a password, once accessing that frame you write an INI file to the users computer with what i being unlocked.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Jeff said, you would need some kind of system that would allow users to unlock the item either with an in-game store, login, cheat code, check for an external file, or a combination thereof.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright thanks for the input. I would want the reward to be exclusive for only the people that buy the bonus item. So that would rule out just a code or external file, and I don't have an in-game-store.

So a login system would probably be ideal. How hard and time consuming would it be to create a login system? Would it be worth my time to do so, or would the costs out way the benefits? I have a lot of experience using Clickteam Fusion with its offline features, but I'm not very experienced with online features such as connecting to servers and getting information from servers and such.