User Tag List

Thread: Press key to centre display coords, press another key return to previous coords?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press key to centre display coords, press another key return to previous coords?

My frame is 6400 x 4800 in size, split into about 100 "rooms" of 640 x 480.
    I've just added a very simple inventory "screen" - actually just active text at 320 x 4560.

I've got a condition set that when the "I" key is pressed the display centres at 320 x 4560 to show the inventory.
    When I press Space Bar I need the display to return to the coordinates the player was/is at when you pressed I.
    I only seem to be able to centre display at any one coordinate but that's no good if the player is in any of the 100 rooms when they press the inventory key.

How do I return the display to the room the player is in without centring on the player (because that would mess up the framing of the room)?

Also how do you use more than one Score object? I only seem to be able to add and subtract from one Score object.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrays are a possibility, but I can't really say that I know much about this.

For your second question, however, you could just use a Counter object in place of a Score object.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a counter but I can't get it to add or subtract anything. I need it to show on screen in the HUD. I've already got a score but need another one that can tell me how many keys I'm carrying.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ought to be able to use a counter for that, though. You could give your player an Alterable Value called KeyNum or something and use the following event:

Always
    -> Set Counter to [press the get data from an object button, right click on your player, then get alterable value KeyNum]

Then have another event:

Collision between "Player" and "Key"
    -> Add 1 to Alterable Value KeyNum

By all rights, this should work for your purposes, and you get to use the cool Alterable Values!
    Also, why shouldn't the key counter show up on your HUD? It does for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discovered the counter wasn't showing because the Display Type was set to Hidden - which it does by default, which is pretty dumb.

Thanks for the help with the inventory screen but I'm not going to use an inventory screen now, not at the moment at least. I found away to put inventory items on the HUD bar. However if I change my mind again I'll be sure to try your way and it'll also come in handy for my next project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, glad you found a solution. Good luck!